civilian half flap holster

Started by Boothill Bob, January 07, 2011, 03:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Howdy..
Now I´ve made my first civilian half flap holster.. I dident have any pattern so I modified a slimJim pattern. Then I realized that there are pictures of it in packing iron, but then I had already cut this out. It is not authentic but I'm really happy.  :D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

You did a fine job Bob, it looks great pard  ::) :o 8) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Boothill Bob

TWF, I´ve made tree holsters on three days, think I have a place in speed revolver holster making  ;)  ;D
I like it, but my wife hate it... But she is  exchangeable, my hobby is not  8)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Bob, take my word for it, a hobby is great thing, and can take a lot of your time,and can also be very rewarding, but slow down a little, spend some time with your wife too, when she's happy everything will be better for you too!!! :-\ ??? :D Just the way it works IMHO ;)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Bob great job,nice color, I like it and like TW said remember the family comes first.  ;) KT

Johnny McCrae

Bob,

That's one beautiful Holster... right out of the pages of "Packing Iron".

TW & KT have given you some excellent advice. Take your time and enjoy your craft. You are good at it!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Very nice,remind me of the one Ned Buckshot made for my long barreled 58..Dang you guys are good.. :)

Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

I think you guys just like sniffin that trappy canth or whatever it is.. 8) ::) :P
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Boothill Bob

Tanx My friends. I like to make new models and new tooling

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Slowhand Bob

Bob, I would really like to see how you shaped it out in the back, your talent is inspiring me to give one a try.

rebsr52339

Great job Bob. And just because we haven't seen one "exactly" like it in photos does not mean it "was never made". I think as long as you follow the "idea" it all comes out in the wash. Again good job. A wall hanger and working holster for sure.
Bowie Knife Dick
NCOWS #3318
SASS #87007
RATS #564
ABKA #23

Boothill Bob

Bob. I will take some photos when i'm back home, are at work now for four days.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Wild Billy Potts

What is not authentic about it? I think it looks great and certainly has an "era" look to it. Civilian flapped holsters were more common than most of us think, especially during the percussion era.

Marshal Will Wingam

BB, that looks really good. Good color on a beautiful holster. Well done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Boothill Bob

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on January 09, 2011, 02:56:09 PM
Bob, I would really like to see how you shaped it out in the back, your talent is inspiring me to give one a try.

Hello Bob..
Here u have the backside of it, tell me if U want more photo//BhB

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Slowhand Bob

Thanks very much Boothill, I was really wanting to see the continuation of the flap, over the to the backside and this done it perfectly.  I see no reason to think this could not have been an example of an early style pattern.  What we see in the museums and books are only a small portion of the holsters that were lost to history. 

Deadeye Don

Well,  I am not a leather maker, but I am a consumer.  I would definately buy one of those!!  That is a beautiful holster Bob.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Boothill Bob

Tanx SB & DD, I´m pleaced with it. He who bought it also ordered a CS belt and a ringo rig  ;D

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

Beautifoul holster BhB !I really like it! ;D         Best reg. Marshall Ed Frost
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com