Finally got around to posting one...

Started by Drayton Calhoun, January 01, 2011, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayton Calhoun

Here's what I call my 'work belt', it's the one I normally wear when I'm clearing heavy brush and what-not. I made it about twenty years ago, the jacket is one I made back in 85.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Drayton Calhoun

Nice rig and jacket pard, just goes to show you that well kept leather will last almost as long you would like it to, you're lucky to have property that you can wear your stuff and enjoy it, thanks for the look see, and sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cool. I like seeing working leather pards have made and still use. You can wear those proudly. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Drayton Calhoun

Thanks for the kind words, folks! I live in the sticks, so, nobody thinks much about you working your property heeled. Got more to post, just trying to get around to taking the pics.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Kid Terico

Drayton you must have did some really good work for it to be in that shape. Very nice work. Thanks for showing. KT

Johnny McCrae

Very nicely done! Has a real old time look to it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Drayton Calhoun

The holster is for my cutdown Remmy. What I usually do for a belt I'm going to use a lot is work it over with a paste of beeswax and Neatsfoot oil. I work it in as well as possible, it darkens the leather quite a bit, but it makes it a bit more supple and protects pretty well from water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com