Stainless Colt SAA?

Started by Capt. John Fitzgerald, December 28, 2010, 01:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. John Fitzgerald

Just went to Davidson's web site to check the availability of a certain Colt SAA.  At the top of their list of Colts they have listed a stainless steel SAA.  No picture, zero listed as available.  Anyone know anything about this?
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Shotgun Franklin

There's been talk but I haven't seen one.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Pettifogger

Colt was at the Cowboy Christmas in Vegas.  The production versions of the stainless SAA should be available in a few months.  Rather than wait, I ordered a pair with hard chrome. 

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: Pettifogger on December 28, 2010, 03:38:53 PM...The production versions of the stainless SAA should be available in a few months.  Rather than wait, I ordered a pair with hard chrome. 

What the...  A STAINLESS COLT PEACEMAKER? That's like saying Glock is introducing an all steel gun!!  :o  ;)

Pettifogger

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on December 28, 2010, 09:39:51 PM
What the...  A STAINLESS COLT PEACEMAKER? That's like saying Glock is introducing an all steel gun!!  :o  ;)

Just think of it as nickel that won't flake. ;)

Harley Starr

A work in progress.

Charlie Bison

I just hope it is a gloss finish, not matte.

Shotgun Franklin

Ajustable rear sight, dovetail front sight, wrap around rubber grips and rail for a flashlight?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

COLT_45_SAA

Here's a pic of my New Colt Sheriff from the Colt Custom Shop (yes it's a real Colt and all work done by Colt-NOT A USAF or knock off).

COLT_45_SAA

Charlie Bison

COLT_45_SAA

Quote from: Charlie Bison on January 11, 2011, 04:54:07 PM
Is that SS?

It's a 1 0f 1 New 3rd Gen Colt Custom Shop I ordered some time ago
3 inch 45lc Sheriff, Polished Hard Chrome Inside & Out, BP Frame, Removable Bushing, & Ivory.
I have always carried as my CCW a single action and this baby won't ever rust or peel.....

COLT_45_SAA

Quote from: Pettifogger on December 28, 2010, 03:38:53 PM
Colt was at the Cowboy Christmas in Vegas.  The production versions of the stainless SAA should be available in a few months.  Rather than wait, I ordered a pair with hard chrome. 

You won't be disappointed.....worth the wait for sure..... ;)

Fox Creek Kid

Quote from: COLT_45_SAA on January 11, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
3 inch 45lc Sheriff, Polished Hard Chrome Inside & Out, BP Frame, Removable Bushing, & Ivory.
I have always carried as my CCW a single action and this baby won't ever rust or peel.....

So what does your gun have to do with a thread on Stainless since it's hard chrome?  ???

Charlie Bison

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on January 11, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
So what does your gun have to do with a thread on Stainless since it's hard chrome?  ???

I was just thinking the same thing  ??? ??? ???

Old Doc

Quote from: COLT_45_SAA on January 11, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
With no ejector rod, I hope you get the job done in the first 5 (6) shots.

Harley Starr

There's a full page ad from Colt Firearms in Western Shooting Horse magazine that features an engraved SAA with a hard chrome finish.
A work in progress.

Fox Creek Kid

I hope poor ol' Pettifogger doesn't have a stroke when he sees this 2011 Shot SHOW photo!!  :o ;D :D ;)

Old Doc

Well, how about that. All these new finishes from Colt along with USFA's recent price hike may bode ill for the latter.

COLT_45_SAA

Quote from: Old Doc on January 12, 2011, 01:29:24 PM
With no ejector rod, I hope you get the job done in the first 5 (6) shots.

Ahhhh Yes-Must not forget to put my Glock in my boot ..... ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com