Spencer carthouches

Started by Dana, December 18, 2010, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

I know I read it someplace but now can't find it, 1860s Spencer rifle that has no Cartouches, did Military issue rifles without the inspection marks, if so is there a cut off serial # where all rifles after this # has inspection marks.

Thanks Dana

Herbert

The eary navy rifles had no cartouche,not sure about the 200 army type rifles deliverd to the navy,there were also 2000 (est)other rifles produced that were not for the goverment,my gess is these were the  Massachusetts  first order ,all though the goverment may have taken over this order

Arizona Trooper

The Mass order did go to the state. These rifles are in the 24000 and 28000 SN range. If you check the SRS database, you'll see a hole in these ranges because they were not federal arms and didn't get reported in federal unit returns.

Herbert

Quote from: Arizona Trooper on December 19, 2010, 07:45:17 PM
The Mass order did go to the state. These rifles are in the 24000 and 28000 SN range. If you check the SRS database, you'll see a hole in these ranges because they were not federal arms and didn't get reported in federal unit returns.
Thank you for that imfomation ,I will have to get a list of federal SNs,do you know were I can obtain it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com