Internet search and viruses

Started by outrider, December 15, 2010, 07:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Howdy pards,

This is meant to be a warning for those of you that do searches for vintage tools..(leather working included).

The other day I found some really neat vintage leather tools at a antique store.  One of the tools was a 7/8" punch made by a company called Kraeuter & Co..  Upon doing a search I found some information that Kraeuter was founded in the 1870's and incorporated in 1907.  I then found another site with this company name on it and as soon as I clicked on it I got hit with a virus called "Internet Antivirus 2011".  well after some time consuming work we finally got rid of the virus...but I just wanted to give you all the heads up...be very careful with these searches.

When I have a chance I will put up a photo of my finds
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks for that warning Outrider, I've had this happen myself when using GOOGLE, to fine items, I've been lucky though, my Trend Micro Internet Security Pro has nail all the virus's that have tried to climb aboard. It seems Google has been plagued with problems like this for some time. My internet security says Google is the culprit.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com