Oval Nickel buckle search

Started by Flinch Morningwood, December 09, 2010, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flinch Morningwood

Any one know where to get something like this in nickel for a 1 1/2" belt?

...for less that $40.

Thanks!

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight."

- Jayne Cobb

Kid Terico

All of the ones Ive seen go for $50.00 and $ 40.00 if you order one of there rigs. KT ???

WaddWatsonEllis

Yes I do .... kinda.

Will Ghormeley has a buckle in white bronze, or brass that is the exact shape you want .... but has a sheaves of wheat & Roses pattern on it inspired by a buckle in Richard Rattenbury's book 'Packin' Iron' ..... Cost $37

http://willghormley-maker.com/OWCBuckles.html
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

will ghormley

Hey Little Al,

I don't know if Weaver Leather still carries 'em, but I'll run look at my catalog and check.  Be back in just a second...OK, Weaver has a stainless steel 132 Cart buckle that comes in 1 1/2".  I bought a brass one once, and they are pretty flat.  I like my buckles with a bit of a curve to 'em.  The Cart buckles cost two bucks each.  That's the best I can come up with.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Kid Terico

LiL Al did that one come from Old West Leather Goods? Their the only one I know of that makes that exact buckle KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Al, I get my cart buckles from Hanson's, they have a quality buckle in different sizes and in brass also, here is there link. http://www.hansons.net/servlet/the-Hardware-cln-Buckles/Categories

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Don Nix

Thats a cart buckle. Lesss than $10 many places.

Flinch Morningwood

Hansons had it exactly...

Thanks 10 Wolves and everyone else!
"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight."

- Jayne Cobb

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Little Al on December 09, 2010, 12:00:44 PM
Hansons had it exactly...

Thanks 10 Wolves and everyone else!

My pleasure Little Al, Hanson's also has a nice selection of spots in larger sizes too, they've been a good company for me to do business with over the years.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

David Carrico

Those are cart buckles, they usually run smaller in size. When I need 3/4", I order 7/8". I guess the Chinese can't read rulers. Just get the buckle before you cut out your leather because a 1 1/2" buckle might not be a true 1 1/2".

1st Sgt.

Try your local feed and grain supply, ours carry a wide slection from 3/4 in to 2 1/2 in sizes.

good luck

Pigpen  :D

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: David Carrico on December 10, 2010, 09:48:50 AM
Those are cart buckles, they usually run smaller in size. When I need 3/4", I order 7/8". I guess the Chinese can't read rulers. Just get the buckle before you cut out your leather because a 1 1/2" buckle might not be a true 1 1/2".

David, the cart buckles I get from Hansons are top quality, the best I've seen yet,they get them from Weaver Leather, and as far the opening being too small on some of the over seas stuff, Hansons 1 1/2" buckles are cut 1 5/8" to accommodate a 1 1/2" belt tongue, the nickle plating  is heavy also, and the brass buckles are just as nice. The spots are from Standard Rivet co. that she sells and are offered in small pkgs. for those that don't need a bo-cue amount

tEN wOLVES  

David Carrico

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com