New rig

Started by Kid Terico, December 07, 2010, 10:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Terico

Its all of you Pards fault for this rig. You all seemed to like the holster so well Idesided to make a belt which led to another holster. Just got a new knife so I had to make a sheath to match. You sure make a lot of work for a old man. KT

Kid Terico

Two more

Dave Cole

Simply awesome KT, I just love it.Dave :)

Boothill Bob

KT, I'm droolin man. U know what I think about that rig.
:P  :P  :-*
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

Absolute piece of museum quality artwork in leather!!!I have said it before it is a great honor to see your work and to even have a few pieces from your kind soul KT.I Can only speak for myself but i think others will agree,we are VERY lucky to know you and get to talk to you and get to see the things you do and the ideas you come up with for others to creat from.

"WHEW" :o

And that knife is just,well if i had to get guted that would be the one i'd like to be gutted with ;D :-X :-*
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Have u made the basket tooling by free hand or is it à stamp?
I got goose bumps when I see it, sooo darn beutiful. 
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

QuoteAbsolute piece of museum quality artwork in leather!!!I have said it before it is a great honor to see your work and to even have a few pieces from your kind soul KT.I Can only speak for myself but i think others will agree,we are VERY lucky to know you and get to talk to you and get to see the things you do and the ideas you come up with for others to creat from.

Rick, You hit the nail on the head. I could not have said this any better.

KT, your work and designs just keep getting better and better! Many thanks again for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT, the others have used up all the words, this rig is outstanding pard, and that knife looks like it belongs in the period, well done again, as always, it's a pleasure to see your work and own some of it, like Rick said. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

The color of the knife grip matches the whole rig! How'd you do dat? :D
Beautiful work.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Kid Terico

BB I drew it all out with lines in every direction with a computer program that a friend has and only had to follow the lines. Never could have done it free hand. Used a very thin leather so the depth of the stamp was the same no matter how hard you hit the stamp. It is about 1- 1/2 oz. Its called cheating . :) KT

Kid Terico

Santee, I dyed the rig to match tke wood. KT

Gun Butcher

Kid, doesn't look like I held you up much on that rig. That is a true piece of art. probably the best looking basket weave I have ever seen and I think the fact that its inlaid just makes it better.
Beautiful, beautiful rig. Outstanding work.
GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Cliff Fendley

That's absolutely beautiful KT. How do you get the basket stamp a different color than the rest of the belt? Is it an inlay or is there a trick to doing different color dyes without getting them all over the other areas? Multi colored stuff is something I've never tried unless it's an inlay.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

Hey Cliff,only an indian can do stuff like that :P :D He don't know it but i had his wife video the ceremonial dance he does before he starts.I would post it but you don't wanna see him neked~~~ :o ??? :'( :D

HI YI YI YI HO HO YI YI--SPIN-- HO HO HI YI YI :-X
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Cliff its a inlaid. I think anyone can do it with the computer program doing all the work.I also took a steel ruler clamped it over the leather to the granite stone each on end. I laid it on the lines and then held the stamp tight against it to get the straight lines. I,m not that good.See I gave all my secrets away.KT ;)

GunClick Rick

THE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH DUCT TAPE :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Rick I always see them put dict tape over peoples mouths in the movies. I wonder if it would work on you? Rick thank you for your first post . It was very nice and thank all of you for your comments. I guess I got a winner.Time to retire again. KT  :) :D ;D ;D

Drayton Calhoun

Yet another beautiful rig.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Wolf Tracker

KT - As always another beautiful rig. Your talents are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Slowhand Bob

Rick posted a link over on The Wire for those pards to drool over.  Go see the new X Men Wolverine movie picture show, they put a new twist on how to genetically duct tape the mouth.  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com