Granddaughters Rig is finally finished.

Started by Reverend, November 26, 2010, 10:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend

Howdy,

Well here is pictures of my granddaughters Rig. I used Brother Wills Dodge City pattern. I used the Colt 5 1/2" for her Ruger 32 H&R Mags. Then cut it down for the open curl toe. She wanted them black, spots & white thread. I used the bob-wire stamping around the edge on all the other items in the pictures, The Shotshell Slide, Bullet slide & Bullet Caddy . I used the Angel Fire Concho's from Tandy. She said that is what she wanted & I'm happy. Now after I have finished posting these pictures I'm going to drill out my right trigger fingernail . I was as you know a little disgruntled in a earlier post. Well it got worse. Monday Night I shut it in the truck door & the door locked. Sewing has been a real pain.

Rev
Sass 57116 L
Territorial Gov.
Tulsey Town Cattlemens Assoc.
NRA
GOFWG #215
ROI
ROII

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Reverend,

That is a mighty fine looking Rig you made there. Lots of planning and care were put into it. The workmanship an design are excellent. Your granddaughter is one lucky girl. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Kid Terico

Reverend now thats a GREAT rig, nice leather work. Your granddaughter should be happy and very proud of her grandfather. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks great, Rev. Very balanced holsters. She'll like those. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

Fine lookin rig Rev.!!  I'm sure she will be tickled!!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

knucklehead

Wow nice rig. you even got the leather tight on the holsters. the guns dont fall out upside down.
but how did you get the loading strip to stay so straight while rig is upside down??????
;D ;D
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Dr. Bob

;D  ::)  ;D  Note the socks in the 5th pic down!!!  ;D  ;)  ::)  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

White Buffalo Chip

Hanes- all cotton, I bet.
Great rig,and a nice deep black.

WBC
;D
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Slowhand Bob

Sox my foot, them looks like my missing black and green PJs!!!  Those are really nice (back to the holsters now) and I will bet she loves them.  Just be real careful playing doctor, mistakes there can get bad quick.

Skeeter Lewis

I swear by pliers when that happens. Just my two cents' worth.

Nice rig.

Angel_Eyes

There is only one cure for Black Fingernail Syndrome,,,,as soon as you do it and stop hopping up and down, start up the grinding wheel, run a piece of welding rod down to a sharp point and while it is still glowing red hot,,, straight through the nail!!!

The relief is instantaneous,,,,, until about 5 minutes later,,,,,but you can't have everything!

AE

Nice rig, by the way, very well executed.
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Reverend

You are absolutely right. Hanes all cotton. & Bob those are my Eskimo Joe's sewing pants. And yes Knuclehead I test my holsters like that, Theres Gorilla glue in the water when I wet mold.  ;D ;D ;D. Ah!!! I used a small fine awl. The pressure is down :P. You should have seen her face when she got here. But now she wants a small scabbard to put on it. Grandma says no. There is a debate going on right now. I'm going to get coffee in the kitchen  :-X :-X

Rev
Sass 57116 L
Territorial Gov.
Tulsey Town Cattlemens Assoc.
NRA
GOFWG #215
ROI
ROII

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Reverend, I think this cool rig should be a hit with your Granddaughter, nice work pard. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Chuck 100 yd

Very nice work. Anyone would be proud to own that rig.  ;)

Slowhand Bob

So Grilla Glue does thet also huh?  Will it hold fer four hours?  The following is an unsolicited opinion from a masked man, other then Rick, if you ever try a wooden loading block you will not look back.  I have three that were made for me by a pard several years back and though they are the plainer version I do love them.  But then, you would need to make a leather pouch for the block.  ;)

JD Alan

Hey Rev, could you use a second grandaughter, say a 61 year old from Oregon?  ::)

Man you did a great job on a rig she will hopefully treasure for the rest of her life.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com