TEST SHEATH

Started by COACHE, November 09, 2010, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COACHE

Just finished a test beaded knife sheath. Would like any comments or suggestion on what I need to work on to make a better finish product on others I may do in the future.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy COACHE

I can't see a thing that is wrong or that I would change, you did a beautiful job on this, it must have taken some time to get it all together, all I can say is well done pard, and thanks for sharing your work with us. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Coache nice piece of work .I wouldnt change a thing. Keep it up .KT  :) :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Better send it over here so i can test it real good...The only thing i would add is aknife :) :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy COACHE,

TW and KT hit the nail on the head! I wouldn't change a thing either. That's a dern good lookin' sheath. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

COACHE

Thanks guys for the great feed back. I'm not happy with the sewn edge. I have seen some skin sheaths that the edges are sewn very close to the body of the sheath with very little if no skin ripples. Do any of you have suggestion or web sites that may shed some light on how to get a clean edge?
Thanks again
Coache

JD Alan

Darn nice lookin work there pal.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

Kinda reminds me of woodworking ... you are going to be your worst critic ....

What I finally came up with for wood working was f*#k criticism .... if they are too critical they probably aren't your friends anyway ....

Plus you gotta think of some warrior sewing something like this in the dark of a long winter's night  ... with precious little light but the fire (and smoke) to help him along ....

So I am thinking that if you made it too perfect, it would not look handmade ... *S*

Bottom line is: does it hold the knife well, and 2.) Can you live with it?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

My appologies to anyone I might have offended ... you are free to edit my, uh, word out of it if the feelling is that someone might be offended by it ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Young man i want you to walk down the hallway with this bar of soap and think about what you said before i get there!!! >:(

But the sheath looks handmade,that what ya go for~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Drayton Calhoun

Such language! After twenty + years in the Navy I have never seen such a blatant use of an asterisk...lol
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, Coache. The beadwork colors are really good. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

WaddWatsonEllis

BTW, Coache, your sheath is gorgeous!

All that talk about criticsm verses critique was old ghosts coming back ....

But I do believe that if you cannot even get them to critique your work, you have to be doing something pretty good work ... *S*

NCOWS #3403

COACHE

Thank guys, It means alot to hear what you all think about it. I'm Starting to make a knife for it out of a Farriers file, any help full hint on how to do it?

Thanks again
Coache

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com