American stitcher

Started by Dave Cole, October 27, 2010, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Cole

Does anyone have a manual or know where I can get one for this machine?Dave

outrider

Howdy Dave,

Try www.pilgrimshowmachine.com

They have a unit in that site they call the "American Single Stitch" shoe stitcher...and it looks just like your photo except it is green instead of grey in color
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Dave Cole

outrider

Dave,

Evidently this machine is still being produced.  Go to the Landis International web site.  They have this machine under the name  Landis-American Single Stitch machine.  Thye should have a catalog for you
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Major 2

:) I opened this thinking ... a New Discovery Channel build show on leather work

"American Stitchers"

when planets align...do the deal !

Freedom

Dave, that machine is called the "American Straight Needle"... I have a manual for mine but I am sure that pilgrim will send you a free one... also if you look around it can be found as a download.... I know I have it somewhere in my emails so if you can't find it just let me know and I will see what I can dig-up.

The manual really makes using the machine a lot easier... I tried for weeks to just wing-it with mine and then the manual showed up and I had to reset a lot of things that I had screwed up... changing the lock depth is a good example... It has nothing to do with tension ;D ??? :P
www.7xleather.com ...Cowboy and Muzzle loading Gear

Freedom

I found it Dave... check you email.. not sure if it is the right one, but it is the one I have .

Dave Cole

outrider

ok I guess the problem is solved
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Cliff Fendley

Dave, what all can you do with that machine? I know someone who has one he would like to sell and asked if I had any need for it. He said it was mostly for boots and shoe soles. I wasn't sure if I could use it.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Dave Cole

Your guess is as good as mine Cliff.This machine has made the rounds of several knifemakers and none of them ever got to use it.It started as far as I know with Todd Fischer, who sold it to Bob Dogget to make room for his new CNC, Dogget sold it to Alan Folts because he was going back to Afganistan and Alan asked me to keep it so I could do his sheaths for him,lol.I was told they are a good machine and will sew up to 1" thick but the throat is only a couple of inches deep, so we get it threaded up and adjusted and see how she runs.Dave

Dalton Masterson

It looks a lot like my Landis 12, but seems more modern, if that makes sense.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Cliff Fendley

Well put that thing to work and let us know how it does Dave ;D
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Freedom

They can be pretty hard to handle with the "hook & awl... seems the needle will sometimes miss the awl hole when trying to do holsters etc. with welts.... that and it won't back stitch

I believe that the machince was designed as a harness makers machine... it will sew soles, but nothing like its curved needle cousin.

It will sew strap goods such as driving reins like nothing else I have ever tried... simply awsome for running stiches down the edges of a belt, cinch or riens, but VERY frustrating to have the needle blow out and ruin 2 days worth of  work on a tooled holster... ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com