wads or no wads?

Started by will52100, October 27, 2010, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairshake

Then I will say that you are wasting your time with wads at the distances you are shooting. The only time I would say to use a wad is if you are making up reduced loads. I was looking at a article by Capt Baylor on how to load reduced loads. He was taking foam backer rod and putting it into the case to fill it in place of powder.I at one time worked as a water proofer with the Bricklayers Union. We used the backer rod for filling in the cracks before caulking them. That is what it is made to do. I remember that some of the chemicals that I used, such as Xylol would dissolve the foam. I wondered if real BP would do the same with it's nitrites. I loaded 5 rounds of 44-40 with 22 grs of 2F and filled the case with 1/2 in foam backer rod. In 5 days I dismantled one case and found almost all of the backer rod gone. This left a large unfilled area in the case which would not be good to fire. I unloaded the rest of the cases yesterday and they are the same. I need to go back and read his article and see if he was using a sub (which he is famous for shooting)or BP. No wads unless shooting long range like Creedmoor.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com