Steampunk

Started by santee, October 24, 2010, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

santee

So, there is a culture out there called Steampunk. It's a fantasy thing where Victorian era meets higher technology. The only way I can describe it is to tell you to think of H.G. Wells or Jules Verne stuff. OR even Loveless the bad guy in the recent film Wild Wild West.
Lots of gears, brass, goggles, and "modifications".
Not really my thing, but there is a convention coming to Old Tucson where they mix this Steampunk with the Wild West.
So...here's a couple of prototype holsters I think a steampunker might wear.
Yes...those are toy pistols. I guess steampunkers don't carry the real thing 'cause they mod them so much.

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

KidTerico

Santee different but very nice. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

santee

Been fun combining holster styles to see what comes out.
Kinda feels like overkill, though, using good leather and time on plastic pistols.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi Santee,

There is a very active Steampunk group out her in Sacto ... several of the OSLHP (Old Sacramento Living History Program/OSLHP.com) are members ... definitely not my cuppa, but it seems people like it 'cause they can let their fantasy run free, unhindered by trying to live in a particular time period .... and it is much more forgiving in anacrhonism.

But again, not my cuppa ... perhaps if I was 20 and just starting out ... naw ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

santee

I'm with you. Just happy dressing the part for Old West.
The cool thing is, they've been giving the CAS clothing sites some business since they dress in Victorian garb.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice, Santee, Steampunkers, first I've heard of them, but if they're western, can't be bad, you're holsters look good, and should fit in.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Harley Starr

Quoteif they're western, can't be bad

I'll second that thought. ;)
A work in progress.

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Santee,

As KT said "Different but very nice". These are done very well.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Thanks, folks. Be interesting to see what characters show up.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Hedley Lamarr

I've got one of these (really!), and I someday I would like to get a holster made for it.

Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

JD Alan

I'm familiar with Steampunk, and that's nice work Santee.

Hedley, I need one of those for our Western 3 Gun Back to the Future Wild Bunch !
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

santee

Wow, an Ether Oscillator! Not every man has one of those, Hedley!
Actually, that piece is the epitome of Steampunk.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

Steampunk is new to me, too. It sounds like if they like leather, it could be interesting. That's a very interesting pistola, Hedley. THAT could use a very cool holster. Perhaps a severely modified drop loop Dodge City rig or something. Lots of brass and brushed nickel accents, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Skeeter Lewis

That oscillator is the biz. I love it.

Mogorilla

I love the concept of Steampunk.  They have some outhere outfits, and interesting toys.   I believe Wild Wild West is considered steampunk (even the good show, not the bad movie), also the short lived Briscoe County Jr.   Think Jules Verne as a history writer.   Some of the concepts are interesting.   I have seen a model "tank", it was built from a tank model (treads) two steam train models, mounted with a mountain howitzer, two gatling guns and a couple of Williams Cannons.   Would have been an impressive real machine.   

Forty Rod

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on October 24, 2010, 02:45:18 PM

Nice, Santee, Steampunkers, first I've heard of them, but if they're western, can't be bad, you're holsters look good, and should fit in.

tEN wOLVES  ;D

They'e western like Firefly was WWII.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

santee

Firefly gathers a lot of steampunk interest.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Forty Rod

Firefly gathers my interest because I'm in love with Kaylee...and I like all the shooting and fights.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Harley Starr

Quote from: Forty Rod on October 28, 2010, 10:52:02 AM
Firefly gathers my interest because I'm in love with Kaylee...and I like all the shooting and fights.

Love Kaylee. ;)
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com