Scew back conchos

Started by COACHE, October 21, 2010, 07:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COACHE

Howdy all, I hope someone can answer a question about screw back conchos. Is there away to make them into a rivet concho or to maybe fill up the back with something that will harden to hold it in place. I'm making a pair of spur straps and the conchos I would like to use are Screw back. The scews stick out to far thats why I would like a rivet back.

Coache 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy COACHE

With rivet or screw back concho's you can run into length problems, if you're handy with a Dremmel tool you can shorten the stems on either, but you have to be very careful, I've used nippers with good result on rivet backs to shorten the stem, or you can use leather filler washers, I use and make these all the time, in order to get a tight fit, you need to place the washer where it will do the best for your application, ( either front or back of your leather project), you can order most concho's with the type back you want, go to http://www.buffalobrothers.net/ and click on concho's.

Hope this helps

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ned Buckshot

On screwbacks where there is no room for the screw I've used a small tight fitting leather washer epoxyed to the stud and ground down flat. Make sure you rough up the stub well with coarse sand paper so the glue has something to stick to.

Hope this helps.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

COACHE

Thank you, I'm looking on the Buffalo Brothers web sit to see what conchos they have. If they don't have anything I'm looking for then I'll tyr the washers.
Thanks again
Coache

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com