Custom Reloading Dies

Started by CavSoldier3ACR, October 12, 2010, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CavSoldier3ACR

Does anyone know how much RCBS, or any other die manufacturer, would charge for a custom sizing die?  I have an Uberti 1876 and I know the chamber is not to the original specs.  I wondered if it would be cheaper to send RCBS a fired case and have a sizing die made or if it would be better to go with the C&H dies.

Cimarron

Is it one of the .45-75 UCF (Uberti Center Fire) chambers?  If so there are die sets made for it.  I use a standard RCBS Legacy die set for my .45-75.
HOLY BLACK?  YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

larryo_1

Cav Soldier:
I sent RCBS one of my fired cases and they made mine for me at no charge.  Been one of their customers for alot of years and maybe that is why they did what they did.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

CavSoldier3ACR

Larryo_1,

Is there a contact at RCBS you can recommend?

larryo_1

All I did was contact Customer Service and tell them what I needed. Their address is:  RCBS 605 Oro Dam Blvd, Oroville, CA 95965 and the tel is (800)533-5000.  This was in 2008 so they might not come across like they did then but it is worth a check.  I had an RCBS Trim and File die that was not right so sent the one that I did have back to them along with a couple of fired cases out of my rifle.  They did the modification at no cost.  i don't know if that is your situation.  It took a couple of months to get it done.  When I ordered the original Trim Die back in 2007, it cost $170.95.  I like RCBS stuff so that didn't bother me as all my dies are RCBS except for a couple of Lee factory crimp dies which are great.  Hope this is of some help.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

FriscoCounty

CH4D also makes reloading dies for the SAAMI and Uberti versions.  Search for "45 - 75 Uberti" and/or "45 - 75 Winchester" in their on-line catalog.
NRA Life Benefactor, CRPA Life, SASS Life 83712, RO I, Hiram Ranger 48, Coyote Valley Sharpshooters, Coyote Valley Cowboys, SASS TG

shooter93

I've had a boat load of Custom dies made over the years and any from the people like RCBS and Redding were made very well. That being said....CH4D will make anything you want, make it well and at a very fair price.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com