What is this thing?

Started by Drayton Calhoun, October 02, 2010, 10:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Eyes

Thats not one of those, roll-cap-dispenser-thingy's-instead-of-percussion-caps-like-kids-cap-guns-had , type of device, is it?

Hah!! wouldn't have believed I could have got all that in one sentence!

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Percussion Pete

Quote from: Angel_Eyes on October 04, 2010, 01:49:12 PM
Thats not one of those, roll-cap-dispenser-thingy's-instead-of-percussion-caps-like-kids-cap-guns-had , type of device, is it?

Hah!! wouldn't have believed I could have got all that in one sentence!

AE

You didn't. Too many commas.  ;D
Pete

Drayton Calhoun

Well, now. If that contraption on the side was supposed to make it 'semi-auto' wonder if it could have been modified to make it 'full-auto'? Slap on a shoulder stock and viola, civil war uzi! Well, at least for 5 shots...
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Angel_Eyes

Comma-on Pete, give us a break!

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Short Knife Johnson on October 03, 2010, 09:44:05 AM
Why does the term "rare" have to preceed the term "prototype"?  ;)  I've never heard this... "Oh yes, that's a very common prototype of that model.  In fact, the prototypes of this model actually exceed documented production figures.  It's worth more as a parts piece really.  Now if you had a regular production item.  Well!  That would be something to write home about."  ;D

Apologies.  An accummulation of hyped up internet ads and auction listings.

I wonder how reliable an innovation like that would be?  Like that Webley semi-auto revolver developed for use from a biplane cockpit.  

Thank you! I get tired of it too!

Percussion Pete

Pete

Drayton Calhoun

Well, so much for Colt never making a brass framed revolver, even if it is a 'rare prototype' lmbo
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Steel Horse Bailey

I don't wanna get into the "rare" stuff which, IMHO is simply there to make it more "sell-able" for them who have more money than brains and are buying strictly for the "investment" potential rather than the love of cool firearms.

I saw this several years ago and it IS trying to make the weapon an auto-cocking gun, sorta like making it semi-auto.  It looks less odd than our hero, John Browning's work to make a lever-action rifle full auto!  If you ever see a picture or drawing of THAT gun, you'll know what I mean.  I don't remember exactly which gun he used, but I think it was a '92 Winchester.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Drayton Calhoun

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on October 10, 2010, 01:24:47 PM
I don't wanna get into the "rare" stuff which, IMHO is simply there to make it more "sell-able" for them who have more money than brains and are buying strictly for the "investment" potential rather than the love of cool firearms.

I saw this several years ago and it IS trying to make the weapon an auto-cocking gun, sorta like making it semi-auto.  It looks less odd than our hero, John Browning's work to make a lever-action rifle full auto!  If you ever see a picture or drawing of THAT gun, you'll know what I mean.  I don't remember exactly which gun he used, but I think it was a '92 Winchester.
Oh, my Lord! Indeed, I have seen the aforementioned Winchesterish, full-auto thing that should have made Chuck Connors cringe. With all those exposed moving parts, I just wonder who tested it...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com