Stock cover

Started by Pappy Hayes, September 26, 2010, 06:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olen Rugged

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on September 27, 2010, 06:32:35 PM
...I use a base ball glove mending tool to pull my lace through to the back. Here are a couple pictures, I hope you can see what I mean...
          tEN wOLVES  :D

I sure was glad to see this because I wanted to do the same thing with mine.

I wouldn't know a ball glove mending tool if I was lookin' at one, but I used a homemade "fish" tool to do the same thing. A tack makin' friend suggested laying down another lace loose on the stock and using that to pull back with.

Thanks for the pictures!

Olen

Olen Rugged

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on September 29, 2010, 02:44:34 PM
Actually I think most guys wanted them for protecting the wood from minor dings and scratches in the beginning.  We started beefing up the actual butt pad to protect the stock toe and then we used them to increase LOP and even add padding for the shoulder, but even with thet said I figure lots of fokes do like the leather as another means of dressing up their favorite long gun.
I added wood to my '73 stock to get length and a flat surface. I also wanted something a lot "stickier" to keep the rifle from moving around. In addition to using the rough out side of the hide, I laced across the end of the stock also. The rifle really stays put now.

Olen

Marshal Will Wingam

That sounds like a good solution, Olen. You have a picture of that cover?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com