What is this?

Started by GunClick Rick, September 23, 2010, 12:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

What do you think,powder flask?Middle eastern? India?

Bunch a ole scudders!

River City John

It strikes me as one of those exotic-looking, not intended to be functional, very poorly made pieces intended to appeal to 'tourists'.

It would make a poor powder flask, with the large size of spout and just a ragged, punched hole into the interior.
It's either a copy of a type of powder flask or some kind of canteen.

I would guess India or Pakistan.
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

St. George

It's a bazar copy of an old powder flask - you can buy them in any of the bazars in Afghanistan, along with 'original' Martinis and Sniders and so-called 'Camel Guns' that were produced last week.

The appetite for souvenirs will never be sated.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

GunClick Rick

THat sounds like an offer St George sold for 35.00 to St. George !!! :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

St. George

I'll pass - I didn't pay the $5 asking price I saw 'em for in Peshawar.

With the troops rotating in and out of the Middle East, there are a helluva lot of things now hitting the flea markets and gun shows that weren't seen in years, as guys empty their rucks.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Angel_Eyes

Looks like a Scotsmans purse,,,you can put coins in, but due to the shape, you can never get it out in time to pay for a round!!!!

AE

Mind you,,,it's very similar to the one posted on another thread!! ;) ;) ;D
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Fiddler Green

OK, Aladin, try rubbing it and see what happens!

GunClick Rick

NO WAY! My luck i'd get a Barack Obarney Franks for a genie!!!!! :o :'(
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dead I

I think it's a canteen.  But as I study it more closely.....yep.....yes it is!   It's a do hicky.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com