storage

Started by Diamond Dan, September 17, 2010, 08:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond Dan

Best way to store holsters and other goods when not in use.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Dan, and welcome to our forum, in answer to your question, because leather comes from a living animal, I like to treat it the same way, I won't leave my leather in the trunk of my car on a hot day, and never put it in a plastic bag for storage, or any rubber container either for that matter, leather needs to breath to stay in good shape, all my finished leather gear is kept in my home, and out of extreme heat or cold and dampness, and after time even being in the house the leather will dry out some, when this happens, I use Skidmores Leather Cream Conditioner to treat my leather and help keep it in tip top condition, this works for me, I have gun leather that dates over a hundred years old, and it looks like new, just like dog is mans best friend, your gun leather and other leather items need to be cared for, I do store several items in cardboard boxes, that have a small hole in either side for ventilation, and this works well for some items, with holsters and gun belts, they can be hung on hangers and stored in your closet, or like I do, hang them in my den, I have a four foot long board that has fourteen hat and coat hooks on it , this work well for me, and enables me to display them at the same time. I hope this helped.

Regards

:D     tEN wOLVES  
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Good to szee you with us, Dan. TW just about summed it up. We have a thread on caring for leather. Here's a link: http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,10067.0.html

I use Lexol conditioner and store my stuff much like TW does.

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on September 17, 2010, 09:23:47 PMI have gun leather that dates over a hundred years old
Wow, TW. I didn't know you were that old. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

;D And i don't charge much :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on September 17, 2010, 11:25:33 PM
Good to szee you with us, Dan. TW just about summed it up. We have a thread on caring for leather. Here's a link: http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,10067.0.html

I use Lexol conditioner and store my stuff much like TW does.
Wow, TW. I didn't know you were that old. ;D

Not really Will, but that old gun leather has been in my care for 45 years now, and belonged to a good old friend that was born in 1886 who saw a lot, and had some great stories, I hope who ever gets it when I'm gone will take as good a care of it, stuff like this needs to be shared.
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That sounds like a story to hear. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

I'm listenin ;D,will have to read later though i'm hurtin really bad right now.... :(
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com