Derringer holster?

Started by ZVP, September 13, 2010, 07:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZVP

Does anyone know who makes a holster that will fit the Cobra .38 longbarrel model? I have aLarge feame longbarrel that I am trying to find a holster for.
I am looking for a regular on the belt style.
I bought a beautifull holster from Hunter Holster Co. (Through Cabelas) that was supposed to fit barrels up to 3" long but the holster is sized to fit the small frame .22 Cobra/Davis Derringer. Luckilly I have a small framed Davis so the purchase wasnt for naught.
The only holsters I seem to be able to find are the Nylon variety which is not period correct.
I did locate a nice "In the pant's pocket" holster made by Classic Old West Styles. This holster fits the front pocket of even Levi type pants and it's fairly comfortable.
I wonder are there any Vests with a concelment type holster built into a pocket?
ZVP

WaddWatsonEllis

ZVP,

I think several holstermakers make a model like this ... it fits into the pants and is held up by the suspender buttons .... once buttoned on, there should be enough space left on the buttons to attach the suspenders as normal ... just don't do a John Wesley Harding .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SGT John Chapman

This is a Remington Pocket Pistol but you could use the same Idea....I call it a fob holster it can hang in a beltline pocket boot whatever....

Regards,
Sgt Chapman

##**EXTREME WARTHOG**##
            ~~GAF #143~~
               **SCORRS**
             ~*RATS #165*~

CAS City Profile For Sgt John Chapman

GunClick Rick

These boots are made for shootin
and that's just what they'll do,
one of these day these boots
are gonna shoot holes all over you~~~ ;D

Nice little holster :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Made one to a costumer, but its for a shortbarrel, hope it kan help :)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

ZVP

Great replies!
Nice work!
I have an in the pocket and a clip over the pants Galco which fit it however I was looking for something like that belt rig but for the longbarrel. The Galco is fitted for a meduim frame auto but actually fits the derringer pretty well, completelly enclosing it inside the pants and between the shirt.
I remember seeing a neat 2 derringer set worn by Clint Eastwoods M/C in "Bronco Billy" now that was a nice rig!
Thanks again!
ZVP

GunClick Rick

I need to get another one of these ;D

Bunch a ole scudders!

ZVP

Boothill,
That is the style of holster I was thinking about since noone makes a single loop like the small frame derringer Hunter ( $19.99 From Cabalas). Even a plain smooth leather holster is better than no holster.
The Large Frame .38 especally with the longbarrels is hard to find a holster for and its a heavy pistol so you cant have much hang outside the holster.
Your holster/belt is a really nice looking rig and very neatly done. Good work!
Leantower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com