Warthogs...You'll Like This.

Started by Percussion Pete, September 11, 2010, 09:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellgate

Loved watching the spotters try to see the targets. done my share of bobbing & weaving.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

I love the smell of black powder in the morning! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Paladin UK

Got to admit I`ve seen it before, BUT it was great seein it again!!   Thanks fer sharing

Paladin (What lurvs the Holy Black  :) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

August

That is great!!!!!

How'd he do that???  Lot's of compression, ya' think?

The guy holding his finger up in the air to remember the "miss" is hilarious.  Like anything he has to say is important after all that.

Thanks for sharing that.

Forty Rod

There was more than one shooter

OR

there were a slot of rounds being fired by one shooter 

OR

that was the slowest Gatling gun I ever saw.

All kinds of impressive there.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

litl rooster

Quote from: Paladin UK on September 11, 2010, 12:32:06 PM

Got to admit I`ve seen it before, BUT it was great seein it again!!   Thanks fer sharing

Paladin (What lurvs the Holy Black  :) ) UK

DITTO ;D
Mathew 5.9

Dick Dastardly

Scenes like this are why heathen fad smokeyless shooters are so envious.  No, we'll never be as fast, but we grin more.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Trinity

That was great, thanks for sharing!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Short Knife Johnson

As the old saying from the Industrial Revolution went... "Where's there's smoke, there's progress."

That is seven kinds of awesome.  I like the one lady on the far right choosing to vacate the area.

WaddWatsonEllis

I just sent this off to a non-shooting friend of mine, telling her about 'wait til the smoke clears' and how it was first a military expression ... this certainly illustrated it far better than I could ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Short Knife Johnson

Noz

Imagine 3 or 4 thousand soldiers on a battlefield all shooting at the same time and the officers trying to maintain some semblance of control.

I loved the spectator yelling before the shooter was finished. Yee Hawww.

Pulp

The shooter is Lolo.  He shoots .45Colt.  The feller in the big Mexican hat is Sawyer, he's my brother.  This was filmed by Lolo's wife, Silent, at Ambush at Cavern Cove, one of the best state matches you can go to, back aroun 2000 or '01. 

Unfortunately, I don't get to go this year. :'(
2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Drayton Calhoun

Like one of Jackson's men at the Battle of New Orleans, stood up on a cotton bale to fire because he couldn't see through the smoke.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Percussion Pete

How do you get a .45 to smoke that much? They all look like shotgun shots.

I was thinking the pistols were Walkers with full loads. Of course you could see the shotguns. I'm not sure about the rifle.
Pete

john boy

Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Pulp

Rifle is .45 Colt also.  Actually, there is no more smoke than normal, just happened to be shooting into a rising sun, no breeze, and high humidity.  I've got a couple more videos of Lolo, go to youtube and type blackpowderpulp into the search bar.
2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Percussion Pete

Quote from: Pulp on September 24, 2010, 09:30:30 AM
Rifle is .45 Colt also.  Actually, there is no more smoke than normal, just happened to be shooting into a rising sun, no breeze, and high humidity.  I've got a couple more videos of Lolo, go to youtube and type blackpowderpulp into the search bar.

No humidity in Colorado. I wish I could get smoke like that.  :'(
Pete

Noz

Shot a stage at the Arkansas Leadslingers last year with no breeze, Extra high humidity into the rising sun. Started with rifle fully stoked 44/40 , fired first shot-put rifle down. Picked up rifle, fired second shot-put rifle down. Looked at the target array, made a guess at where to shoot through the smoke and shot the rest at normal speed(slow). Surprisingly I think I got all but 1.
The moral of the story is "Pete, be careful what you wish for".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com