Big Lube Boolits, after action report

Started by El Paso Pete, June 29, 2005, 12:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Paso Pete

Shot all 10 stages at Hang 'Um High plus the side matches with my Roogers and 73.  Load was 42 grains of Goex Cowboy and them 250 gr. big lubes.  Never cleaned my guns till the day after the match.  Roogers and the 73 were still workin fine and there was no leadin in either Rooger or in my 73.  Run a bore snake once through the 73 and a couple patches through each Rooger. ;D  I did have to use a chamber brush to get the crud out of the cylinders.  I got to polish them things.
El Paso Pete   SASS #55577L  RATS #1
Mules,  Whiskey,  Diamonds,  Nails,  Gold Mines,  Fly Swatters,  Barbed Wire,  Oil Wells,  Runnin Irons.
Governments Run, Revolutions Started, Uprising Quelled, Bridges Destroyed, Saloons Emptied, Whiskey Bonded, Taxes Collected, Gold Mines Salted

EL PASO PETE'S MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Simply return the unused portion of the product and
El Paso Pete will refund the unused portion of your money.

Steel Horse Bailey

Sounds like what is becoming the normal way of doing BP with the BigLube (tm) Boolits.

We've known for a long time that the secret to BP shooting is having enough lube:  these boolits make it happen!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Silver Creek Slim

I picked up my new-to-me 1875 Remington .44WCF last night. I ran 73 BP loads with MAV boolits thru it. It worked wonderful without a hint of binding.  ;D ;D ;D ;D It got a mite hot, tho.  :o

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Dick Dastardly

I got some rust on my guns tho.  In areas where the lube didn't splatter, the sweat from my hat brim started some flash rust.  Took care of that rite quick with a Ballistol wipe.  No problems with the bores, only where I dripped on 'em.

Silas McFee 'n  me both shot big lube bullets thru two days without cleaning.  After I  got home, cleanup took about 20 minutes cuz the 10ga is new to me and took a few extra minutes to learn it's innards.

They're all happily sleepin' in the rack now, all ready for the next match.  Life is good.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Mason Stillwell

The big lube boolits are where its at for main match shootin.
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Known early on as Pole Cat Pete
Tar Heel at Heart

john boy

Quote from: Mason Stillwell on July 26, 2005, 06:52:08 PM
The big lube boolits are where its at for main match shootin.

... and we'll git there too Mason for the Long Range boolits also  ;D
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Pukin Dog

Quote... and we'll git there too Mason for the Long Range boolits also 

Maybe . . . .
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Boone May

I just want to know how El Paso Pete managed to get 42 grains of Goex Cowboy into a .45 Colt cartridge case along with a 250 grain bullet?   :o 

I can get about 33 grains of Goex Cowboy in my Winchester .38-40 cases with the Lyman #401043 bullet.  The "Big-Lube" (tm) .38-40 bullet is longer, and I can only get about 30 grains of powder in the case.
"There are a few things they didn't tell me when I hired on with this outfit."

Pukin Dog

A compression die?  I dunno, I'm with you, about 2.2cc (~34gr) is all I can get in my 45LC cases without squishing the powder too much.

And that seems to be plenty to do the job too, IMHO :D :D
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Jubel

Me I think 34 grs was Govermint spec wern't it. Pleanty of gusto for me. 28 grns fit my Schofield brass under a 225 grn boolit and the felt recoil approaches that of my 44 mag with smokeless factory loads. Course the thunder is nicer more cannon like lol lol  8)
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Dakota Widowmaker

Where does one get "big lube boolits" from? I know about the Lee PRS bullets, but, was hoping to find ones that are commercially cast already.

Mason Stillwell

send me an e mail.

I make boolits

Mason Stillwell
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Known early on as Pole Cat Pete
Tar Heel at Heart

El Paso Pete

Just shot Smoke in the Valley, 22 stages, 10 warm-up and 12 main match.  .45 Colt, 39 grains of Goex Cowboy, 250 grain big lubes, El Paso Pete's magic bullet lube.  No Cleaning till I got home!!!!    No signs of leading in my 73 or Roogers.  Grease star on the 73 must have been 1/16 thick.

Get some from Mason Stillwell and try 'em usin real black powder, clean up with 4 patches or less and 10 times more fun that usin that smoke challenged powder.
El Paso Pete   SASS #55577L  RATS #1
Mules,  Whiskey,  Diamonds,  Nails,  Gold Mines,  Fly Swatters,  Barbed Wire,  Oil Wells,  Runnin Irons.
Governments Run, Revolutions Started, Uprising Quelled, Bridges Destroyed, Saloons Emptied, Whiskey Bonded, Taxes Collected, Gold Mines Salted

EL PASO PETE'S MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Simply return the unused portion of the product and
El Paso Pete will refund the unused portion of your money.

Paladin UK

;D I used DDs Big Lube Boolit in my Rooger OA this very weekend and I can say that I put approx 80 rds through and there wuz NO bindin er leadin at all!!

They are .....Bloody Brill!!

Paladin (Whats lurvs DDs boolits ;)) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

john boy

Jubel ... the answer is found ...

Thirty grains and notice that Frankford dated the boxes by Month/Year.  If ya have a free $750, the box of bullets can be yours!

PS:  This is my load ... down from 35 grains
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...

Devote Convert to BPCR

Dick Dastardly

Ok, here's the palaver on the Big Lube(tm) set of Black Powder bullet designs. . . .

PRS (Pigeon Roost Slim) designed the PRS 45-250 RNFP.  Mav Dutchman designed the Mav Dutchman 44-200 RNFP.  Snakebite designed the Snakebite 38-158 with the looong ogive and flat nose.   These were the first.  Then, along comes Dick Dastardly and designes the DD/ROA and DD/PRS 38-40 180 RNFP.  Also the DD/PRS twin lube grove 45-385 RNFP boolit for the 45-70 and the DD/PRS 45-400 RN for 45-70 single rifles.  It was gettin' to be a family.

I started using the words "Big Lube" to refer to these designs because of the common design feature of the biggest lube capacity of any design caliber for caliber.  I went to the State of Wisconsin and got a trademark for the Big Lube name.  Then, I contacted all the designers and got permission to use their designs under this umbrella and promised to always give full design credit to the original designers.  Every Big Lube(tm) bullet mold I've sold since has shipped with the history of the mold design in the words of the original designer.  I know this makes more work, but I feel that it adds to the enjoyment of ownership when this letter is included.

Big Lube(tm) bullet molds are ALL CUSTOM ORDER ONLY.  LEE Precision of Hartford, WI. makes them.  I purchase batches of 25 each and place them in invintory.  Now, pards can get the Big Lube(tm) bullet molds they want without having to wait forever for a group purchase to come together.  It tore up my 401K some, but I've done a brisk business with pards from all around the globe.

Now, there's a Big Lube Bullitin newsletter that I publish three times a year to bring the latest developments, tips, letters to the editor (myself) and articles by pards using these molds.  Drop me an emule or a PM if you would like a FREE one year subscription.  rrhody@spwl.net is my emule address.

There are several new Big Lube(tm) designs on the drafting board as I type.  Also, there is a new Mark II DD 45-500 RN comming very soon.  The Mark I had to be seated too deep in the case to get in enough Holy Black under it for true long range work.

Hope this helps pards that want to know the origin of Big Lube(tm) in many posts.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

john boy

QuoteAlso, there is a new Mark II DD 45-500 RN comming very soon.
DD, got a date?  Better yet, send me some droppings before the mold is mailed
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...

Devote Convert to BPCR

Dick Dastardly

I did a little final tweeking on the drawing and as soon as Pat sends the final engineering drawing for me to ok, I'm ordering some.  I'm not going to go overboard with a full batch of 25, but I'll get several.  One for myself, one for Cuts and probably one for you.

BTW, what happened to TFS???

DD
Gunfighter Ordinar

john boy

QuoteBTW, what happened to TFS???
Your guess is as good as mine.  Not a word from EC  ::)
BTW ...thanks for thinking of me with the mold.  Sure am itching to see how they fly in the new Quigley.  Damn good shooting rifle! ;D
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...

Devote Convert to BPCR

Dick Dastardly

Thanks JB,

We shall endeavor to perservere. " Endeavor to perservere, hell, I went on the warpath".  The wise words of Chief Dan George from the Outlaw Josey Wales.  So, how can I get some cash to EC?

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com