and the WAIT begins

Started by Doc Arroyo, September 08, 2010, 12:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Arroyo

My new Laramie is sitting in a safe waiting for the wonderfulness  ::) that is the California waiting period.

Due to wrist problems, I had to back away from the warthog chapter of CAS, so this Laramie is the first of a miss-matched pair of .38 specials.

10 days and counting!
Ain't like the old days, but it'll do!

Major 2

Here's the ironic thing, those ten days will seem like forever,  >:(

then the the first year of ownership and you'll wonder how fast that year went   ???

It's amazing to me  :o how fast this year seems to have flown by.
when planets align...do the deal !

Irish Dave

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it spins away."

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Doc Arroyo

Quote from: Major 2 on September 08, 2010, 05:18:05 AM
It's amazing to me  :o how fast this year seems to have flown by.

No joke.  I am still thinking about taking a spring fishing trip and the first bit of fall weather just hit.

The really funny part is that I haven't made a CAS match in 4 or 5 years.  I kept in touch, built a number of holster rigs, and have coached a few newbies into the game.  But the idea of waiting for this pistol is bugging me.

Oh well...I will keep trying to figure out the best holster for my needs while I wait! 
Ain't like the old days, but it'll do!

Fiddler Green

Quote from: Doc Arroyo on September 08, 2010, 04:41:14 PM
No joke.  I am still thinking about taking a spring fishing trip and the first bit of fall weather just hit.

The really funny part is that I haven't made a CAS match in 4 or 5 years.  I kept in touch, built a number of holster rigs, and have coached a few newbies into the game.  But the idea of waiting for this pistol is bugging me.

Oh well...I will keep trying to figure out the best holster for my needs while I wait! 

'splains why I move to Nevada!

Bruce

Lightning Buck McGraw

I live in Nevada too. But I live in southern Nevada. In the Clark county area. :'( The only problem with Clark county is that they want sooo badly to be like California. ??? so I get the same headache, here. except, I only have to wait 5 days. ;D
It's still a pain, though >:(
Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

ammodave

I'm in Florida with a concealed carry permit so the wait is 0  days.  ;D

Tascosa Joe

Quote from: ammodave on March 10, 2011, 10:34:38 PM
Same in Texas. ;D
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

joec

Quote from: ammodave on March 10, 2011, 10:34:38 PM

Same for Kentucky also.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

RickB

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Wild Horse Hans

NH is the same. No waiting and no permit. If it passes the house, no more CCW will be needed.

There is no better view of the world than from the back of a wild horse
BOSS #205

panhead pete

Drayton Calhoun

I remember twenty-five years ago when I had to wait the ten day period for ... A Walker Colt that I bought in El Cajon, Ca. Amazing.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com