Crossfire trail leather?

Started by Doc Arroyo, August 24, 2010, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Arroyo

Do any of you know about the rig that Selleck wore in "Crossfire Trail".  Any info (or pictures) would be helpful. 

I can't seem to picture it in my little pea-brain, and it will be a bit of time before I can stop motion the movie.
Ain't like the old days, but it'll do!

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi,

Will Ghormley offered such a holster; here is the pic from his website:

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

Here is a couple of more pics ....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

cowboywc

That one of Will's is the strong side. The cross draw is a double loop.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

Here is a pix
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

WaddWatsonEllis

WC;

That is a great pic .... the first one I put on the internet was much bigger when I first saw it, and had a nice bit of detail about
the holster ... don't know what happened when I added it on to the screen .... let's see if it can be blown up if I put it below ....

NCOWS #3403

Will Sellit

If I remember correctly Tom Sellick used two guns in Crossfire Trail. He used a S&W Schofield and a 1872 that Kenny Howell actually made for him. This was before Uberti offered the 1872. Without looking at the movie to be sure but I thought he wore both of them at least in some of the scenes. I think he used the double loop holster for the 1872 and the single loop holster for the Schofield.
Please do not bet a lot of money on this as this is only by memory and I have trouble remembering my name sometimes.
Great movie.

outrider

In the picture that WC posted it would appear that Sellick wore a 3 loop holster
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Biscuit Joe

I'd like a good look at his chaps. They appear to be shotguns.
I've looked for good pictures of his 'Quigley down under' chaps also. They appear to be batwings step ins.
No luck there either.

FEATHERS

G'Day Joe,I just read an article about a J.J.Croft of Belle Fouche,S.D. he has made all the saddles for Tom Selleck's films,might pay to try him for any info.Feathers

WaddWatsonEllis

One of the gunfights show Selleck's character loading a big toploader ... It coule hve been many toploaders, but it sure looked like a Schofield to me ...

NCOWS #3403

Biscuit Joe

Thanks for the tip Feathers. I also hope you are doing well.

WaddWatsonEllis
I too believe that he is carrying a Schofield as his main shooter.
The picture posted by cowboywc  above shows a three loop holster for the little 1872 shooter -->

JD Alan

I was in Belle Fouche (French for Bent Fork) a few years back, during a bike trip to Sturgis. If I remember correctly it's also famous for being at or near the geographic center of the US.

Talk about your usless bits of trivia :P I'm up too late! 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

FEATHERS

G'Day J.D. I think Belle Fouche was where the Duke was heading to sell his cattle,in the Cowboys (Bloody Bruce Dern) >:( Feathers.

Dalton Masterson

The geographic center of the US is near Lebanon, KS. Not too far from my hometown... Not too close to much either tho. I remember getting out and standing as close to the marker as I could when I was a younger one. (Useless trivia fact for the day)

Just think of all the "different" holsters that have been used in past movies. Now think how great it would be if there was a pattern made for all of them!

The Crossfire trail ones would look good.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Dalton Masterson on August 26, 2010, 09:43:56 AMJust think of all the "different" holsters that have been used in past movies. Now think how great it would be if there was a pattern made for all of them!
Now, that's a pattern pack I'd like to see. What's Will Ghormley doing? Will! Oh, Wiiilllll.......! ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

FriscoCounty

According to an NRA press release the guns Tom Selleck used were

• .45 Schofield revolver. This hand-built revolver was manufactured by Ken Howell of R&D Gun Shop for the film.
  • Colt Open Top .44 revolver manufactured from a Colt blackpowder reproduction. The revolver was modified by Ken Howell of R&D Gun Shop.
  • Winchester M1876 .45-60 rifle modified by Ken Howell of R&D Gunshop  Based on an original carbine receiver made in 1879, this longarm was rebuilt for movie use.
NRA Life Benefactor, CRPA Life, SASS Life 83712, RO I, Hiram Ranger 48, Coyote Valley Sharpshooters, Coyote Valley Cowboys, SASS TG

WaddWatsonEllis

Frisco,

First, thank you for the info ... I really thought it ws a Schofield!

Second, does the release list who made his leather?

Third, is there any way you could either post the release or a website where it could be found?

NCOWS #3403

buckskin billy

howdy yall,
i remember reading some where once upon a time that jerry croft was the maker for all of tom sellects leather.
those who where around when shoot magazine was being published will remember him from his monthly articles recollections of a cowboy.
  lucky i'm a pack rat and don't throw magazines away( the ones with guns in them anyhows) i dug threw my stash and found his address.
  i got this from a 2006  shoot magazine and he advertised a free catalog.

croft's saddlery
11740 tepee creek lane
deadwood, dakota territory(s.d.) 57732
phone 605-578-3228
email:jjcroft@mato.com

i hope this helps
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

JD Alan

From www.50States.com

8.Belle Fourche is the geographical center of the United States of America, designated in 1959 and noted by an official marker and sheepherder's monument called a "Stone Johnnie".

Yes FEATHERS, that's where the Duke was headed; The Cowboys was just on AMC a week or two ago, so of course I had to watch it again. Crossfire trail was also on a short time ago; watched it too. 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com