Forties.. I am wearing the outhouse .. thanks so much..

Started by Deja vous, August 11, 2010, 08:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deja vous

It fits perfect and my favoite absense of color.. black too..
Even lightening strikes twice at times,  Deja Vous

GunClick Rick

Found my grandpa in the outhouse once,i hollered all over him and finally heard him hollerin back,"i'm over her in the outhouse"!!! I opened the door and there he was holdin a stick with fishin line and hook pillfirin around the bottom.I asked what the heck he was doin,he said,he dropped his coat down there and was tryin to fish it up,i asked "and your gonna wear it!!!!!!!!

He said,No! "but your grandma made me a sandwich and it's in the pocket"!! :D :D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Deja vous

Deja vous

Yes, Dons it sort of it.. could you pass the cornbread?  lol

Gypsy Bob

cornbread ????  cornbread !!!!!!  I had cornbread w/ my beans for supper tonite....  ;-) purty durn good they was too......
3-7-77

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Deja vous

yeah.. but honey cornbread.. now that is the very best.. lol

Gypsy Bob

'Honey' ???? ya doesnt has to call me 'Honey' -- Darlin....LOL
3-7-77

Deja vous

Lol the verus was you dont have to call me darlin darline.. lol.. Wasn't that the best country and western song ever written?  lol..   Still cornbread with honey baked into it.. like maria Calanders and a bowl of french onion soup.. A little bit of my old world and little bit of my new world.. loll 

Gypsy Bob

I make a durned good French Onion Soup, but only in the winter (which is still a ways off, even here) the trick is a 'dab'of stone ground mustard on top of the melted cheese just before you serve it...  ;-)
3-7-77

Deja vous

Powdered mustard?   Interesting.. I use Merlot wine in the stock...  and saute the onions in EVOO.. lol..  I love the stuff. .can't help it.. it does give me bad breath though.. lol. 

River City John

Quote from: Deja vous on August 13, 2010, 03:30:52 PMI love the stuff. .can't help it.. it does give me bad breath though.. lol.  

Of the many, many things we discovered about ourselves before we got married, my wife and I found out we both loved garlic, and that as garlic lovers(so to speak), the more potent the better.

Like Monk would say, it's both a blessing . . . and a curse.
But what a wonderful curse.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Gypsy Bob

no no no...NOT powdered... stone ground mustard, it comes in jars, INGLEHOFFER is a good brand, its 'chunky' mustard, if you can't find that, use Dijon, like dare I say it.........grey poupon,..
ALLWAYS thouroughly carmelise your onions, (allmost 'crisp') use freshly made beef stock (unstrained) and 2 day old stale french bread (NOT fresh & toasted) dont use Merlot...drink that cook w/ a cheap-strong BURGUNDY....... iz muey trez bonne  ......

sometimes theres more to OLD  Gypsies than just fixin old pots n robbin trains... LOL

P.S. a bit of good port wine after dinner will clear your palate and help w/ the 'onion-breath'
3-7-77

Dr. Bob

Always cook with wine that you would serve to friends!  Cheapwine makes the food taste like CHEAP WINE!!!  Put a little in and drink the rest!!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gypsy Bob

Depends at what point it goes in, the longer it cooks, the less flavor remains... if starting with wine in a soup or sauce that cooks a looooong time there is no need for a 'good' wine as ALL its flavour will be cooked away.... in onion soup, only useing wine to release the initial flavours of the onions... ANY wines flavour will be LOST.... in French Onion Soup you should taste the beef broth through the 'toasty' onion, NO wine flavor comes thru......
3-7-77

Deja vous

Mr. & Mrs. John Covert

Re: Forties.. I am wearing the outhouse .. thanks so much..
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 05:50:02 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Deja vous on Yesterday at 03:30:52 pm
I love the stuff. .can't help it.. it does give me bad breath though.. lol. 

Of the many, many things we discovered about ourselves before we got married, my wife and I found out we both loved garlic, and that as garlic lovers(so to speak), the more potent the better.

Like Monk would say, it's both a blessing . . . and a curse.
But what a wonderful curse.

RCJ

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/River_City_John

Gypsy Bob
Citizen

yeah, garlic and someoneto eat it with.. lol..  Very cool

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 05:58:10 pm »   

no no no...NOT powdered... stone ground mustard, it comes in jars, INGLEHOFFER is a good brand, its 'chunky' mustard, if you can't find that, use Dijon, like dare I say it.........grey poupon,..
ALLWAYS thouroughly carmelise your onions, (allmost 'crisp') use freshly made beef stock (unstrained) and 2 day old stale french bread (NOT fresh & toasted) dont use Merlot...drink that cook w/ a cheap-strong BURGUNDY....... iz muey trez bonne  ......

sometimes theres more to OLD  Gypsies than just fixin old pots n robbin trains... LOL

P.S. a bit of good port wine after dinner will clear your palate and help w/ the 'onion-breath'

Ah.. the port thing.. you know I would be too loaded to finish cooking if I did that.. lol  But I have to try the mustand..

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 11:29:35 pm »   

Always cook with wine that you would serve to friends!  Cheapwine makes the food taste like CHEAP WINE!!!  Put a little in and drink the rest!!   

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420,
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
Posse Rep., Kansas Vigilance Committee,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Cheap wine now that might work, but right now I am focused on the clean mind or body thing, whiich one is it today bobbers?  lol

Gypsy Bob
Citizen

« Reply #16 on: Today at 08:59:54 am »   

Depends at what point it goes in, the longer it cooks, the less flavor remains... if starting with wine in a soup or sauce that cooks a looooong time there is no need for a 'good' wine as ALL its flavour will be cooked away.... in onion soup, only useing wine to release the initial flavours of the onions... ANY wines flavour will be LOST.... in French Onion Soup you should taste the beef broth through the 'toasty' onion, NO wine flavor comes thru......

Okay I tried copy past and I don't think this works very well.. lol..  Buess I will know once I hit the post button..

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Deja vous

The shower thing?  So, use soak your head?  lol.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com