Pawnee chase scene, from "Kansas Moon, The Last Hunt" Film Clip

Started by Ottawa Creek Bill, August 10, 2010, 07:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

Spent the last six days in the hot sun of the Kansas Plains shooting a film I wrote last year. This is a chase scene where several Pawnee Indians happen upon a lone buffalo hunter heading back to camp. One brave Pawnee decides he wants have some fun with the stranger and count coupe...or "touch" him with his lance.

The film is being shot in Hi-Def, 16:9 wide screen. This is a low resolution shot...and is a quick edit of a couple days work. The music in this scene is not the music that will be used in the finished film......as this scene will look different with a final tweaking.
Hope to have the film finished by summer 2011.

The two main riders in this shot as you will be able to tell are very experienced. Kevin Browning (www.warponyproductions.com) is Comanche/Osage and a champion bronc rider from Texas, and Walt Gove (www.goverlandstagestop.com), the hunter being chased, is an experienced pro rodeo rider as well as working several major cattle ranches from Oregon to Wyoming. These are pro's, don't try this at hope. Comments are welcome, hope you enjoy the clip.

Bill

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/BillProctor123/?action=view&current=KansasMoon2010-2.mp4
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Tjackstephens

Bill, All the hunters and Indians look good. Some good riding too. Will there be copies of the film for sale? Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Tascosa Joe

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Grizzle Bear

Damn!  All that shootin' and no dead Indians?  Them fellers had best go back east and STAY!

;D

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

theirishguard

that guy on the war pony can ride. good stuff.   Tom

Forty Rod

Can't wait to see the whole thing.  When can we expect it for sure?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Forty Rod on August 10, 2010, 10:53:50 AM
Can't wait to see the whole thing.  When can we expect it for sure?

Forty...
No earlier then summer....I still have to go back to Kansas to film three more scenes (critical) and can't do that until May.
Tj...yes there will be copies for sale...probably after Sundance. This one was fun for me...not only did i get to film it,,,but I did a stunt where I got drug by my horse....fun stuff!!

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Tascosa Joe

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on August 10, 2010, 01:24:09 PM
Forty...
No earlier then summer....I still have to go back to Kansas to film three more scenes (critical) and can't do that until May.
Tj...yes there will be copies for sale...probably after Sundance. This one was fun for me...not only did i get to film it,,,but I did a stunt where I got drug by my horse....fun stuff!!

Bill
The last time I got drug by my horse, it peeled all the hide off.  I did not think it was fun at the time. 
T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Tjackstephens

Grizzle Bear, I thought the same thing the first time I watch, but the second time I saw what riding that lone Indian was doing. He would have been hard to hit Tj  ;)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on August 10, 2010, 01:24:09 PM
Forty...

Bill

You have a..... odd..... sense of what's "fun".   ::) 

I got fouled up in a lariat and drug for one whole jump.  Hurt like hell and I walked sideways like a crab for three weeks. 

'Tweren't "fun"!   :o

To each his own, I guess.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Forty Rod on August 10, 2010, 04:09:19 PM
You have a..... odd..... sense of what's "fun".   ::)  

I got fouled up in a lariat and drug for one whole jump.  Hurt like hell and I walked sideways like a crab for three weeks.  

'Tweren't "fun"!   :o

To each his own, I guess.

Forty....
This not the first time I have done fool hardy things on a horse...roman riding comes to mind and jumping a four foot fence (yes I took jumping lessons just to say I did it! ;D). In one scene in this film, I pull the "man from snowy river", in reverse....you'll have to see it to believe it..but the top of the bluff was almost vertical, and we made it up it without flipping backwards, not bad for a guy who is 63 years old....I can still stand a stirrup with the best of those young lions....but ya gotta have a horse you can trust!

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Grizzle Bear on August 10, 2010, 08:35:50 AM
Damn!  All that shootin' and no dead Indians?  Them fellers had best go back east and STAY!

;D

Grizzle Bear

Grizz....my big concern when reviewing the daily's was the fact that everyone except Kevin looked too clean. When I edit this film I am going to add a filter to dirty the clothes up a bit.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Ottawa Creek Bill

Thanks Will, I appreciate it. Just found out tonight from John Torrence that I'll be back at the film site Columbus weekend in October to finish things up. This means I could be finished by the NCOWS convention. Since I don't recognize Columbus day, this will be a nice respite from that fakery.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Jed Cooper

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on August 10, 2010, 04:51:16 PM
Grizz....my big concern when reviewing the daily's was the fact that everyone except Kevin looked too clean. When I edit this film I am going to add a filter to dirty the clothes up a bit.

Bill
Bill, My clothes may not look dirty on film, but trust me when I tell you they are so nasty, grungy, funky, ect. they should be burned. Still ain't washed em though.   (In case were gonna shoot them other scenes).    Hard ta keep them flies away though!! ;D ;D ;D   Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

Texas Lawdog

Dave, Maybe you need to stock up on some extra "toilet water"?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Rowdy Fulcher

Bill
Enjoyed the video .
Jed
love that Rolling Block

Steel Horse Bailey

Well, I'm glad to see my contribution highlighted in the film.

???

My contribution?

Making sure my Brother Dave (Jed) was able to go.  I didn't slow him down ... with me!  ::)

Seriously, I wish I'd have been able to go and help on the sidelines.  It would've been worth the effort!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Don Nix

Wished I'd of known yu could have used my old Chuckwagon.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Don Nix on August 12, 2010, 10:13:31 AM
Wished I'd of known yu could have used my old Chuckwagon.

Hey Don.....
Appreciate the offer...we got the wagon and team  donated free by Walt Gove at the Goverland stage stop (www.goverlandstagestop.com). Walt also supplied some of the horses used in the film and the team to pull the wagon...And, I've never found any documentation that chuck wagons were used by buffalo hunters in 1872...There is a scene in the film where Walt takes the wagon out to pick up the buffalo hides after the hunters and skinners were through for the day...Walt also has a chuck wagon...You may know both of these fellas (Jim Gray & Walt Gove)

We are going to do another film next year about the cattle drives coming from Texas into Ellsworth. The author and Ellsworth local historian Jim Gray, is writing the screen play...so we may take you up on the offer next year...do you have a team to pull it, and where in Kansas are you located?

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com