Wanted....an NCOWS posse in Oklahoma!

Started by lethal larry, July 29, 2010, 01:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lethal larry

Are any of you pards living in Oklahoma interested in forming an NCOWS posse? We have 2 in Texas and I'd sure like to see one to our immediate north in Indian Territory. Us Texicans get tired of whoopin yall in college football and would like to start doing it in shootin' too! ::)
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Rowdy Fulcher

Larry
Easy on the Okies . And good luck on getting a Posse started in Indian Territory . Can't think of  better place to start ANOTHER  Posse . 

Pancho Peacemaker

Okies ain't got the cajones to shoot NCOWS.

It'll always just be the state we drive through to go beat up on them Jay Hawkers.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Itchy Triggerfinger

I have found that the Shortgrass Ranger's are some stand up guys.  They already set their targets back.  They are safe, but bend some SASS rules.

I am the only shooter who shows up to shoot Frontiersman.  I do not think they would be interested in becoming a NCOWS club.  The range fee for members is only $8.  Cool bunch of guys.  Some of them are fast, some ain't, including yours truly no one seems to give a rat's bo bo.  Everybody is there for fun.

The Oklahoma/Texas rivalry is still alive and well, but all in fun.  I even suggested putting a Big Tex howdy arm on the dastardly Mongo target making sport of this famous Texas State Fair Icon.  One of their favorite sayings is . . .  "Some of the Texas Clubs are pretty tense."  I could not agree more.

Several of the shooters, including yours truly, are from The Lone Star State.

I do not see a NCOWS club forming there.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Itchy Triggerfinger on July 30, 2010, 09:42:25 AM

The Oklahoma/Texas rivalry is still alive and well, but all in fun. 

In Fun . . . since when?! ???
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Dr. Bob

Since the inception of the Big 12 [10?] ::) :o ::)  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Tjackstephens

You know I thought the only state that had a college foot ball team was Alabama. ROLL TIDE!! Tj

Would be good to have a NCOWS club in OK. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

lethal larry

"You know I thought the only state that had a college foot ball team was Alabama."  I got it wrong I guess! I always heard that
"The reason Okllhoma does not have an NFL team is because the state cannot afford to have 2 pro football teams!"
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Dutch Limbach

Quote from: lethal larry on August 03, 2010, 12:19:54 PM
"You know I thought the only state that had a college foot ball team was Alabama."  I got it wrong I guess! I always heard that
"The reason Okllhoma does not have an NFL team is because the state cannot afford to have 2 pro football teams!"

Nor do they have to worry about a "Salary Cap"!
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Sergeant Stump Marlow

SGT Marlow
SFC (R) US Army 1983-2008
Chisholm Trail, Indian Territory
NCOWS #3386

Fox Creek Kid

I hear they call Texas "Baja Oklahoma" in Oklahoma!  :D ;)

Tascosa Joe

SGT S Marlow:

If there was a NCOWS posse in OK I would come shoot from time to time.  It is not a long drive from West of FW to OKC.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Cole Bluesteele

Marlow,

Where are you located?  Do you think your home club might let a few of us from Texas set up an NCOWS match at your range for them to try out?  If so, I can get a few of us to come on up and put one on for you.

Ted

Sergeant Stump Marlow

Quote from: Cole Bluesteele on March 14, 2011, 10:02:31 AM
Marlow,

Where are you located?  Do you think your home club might let a few of us from Texas set up an NCOWS match at your range for them to try out?  If so, I can get a few of us to come on up and put one on for you.

Ted

West of the Chisholm Trail on Buckhorn Creek, between the current towns of Marlow and Rush Springs.

I do not belong to any of the Oklahoma Clubs. My endeavor is to get a posse mustered with some members of my immediate family and some close family friends.

Then quite possibly land to build a range.  ;)

SGT Marlow
NCOWS #3386

Cole Bluesteele

Marlow,

Good Luck! withyour efforts.  If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to let me know.

Cole

Tascosa Joe

Marlow:
Are you a former artilleryman?  I went to ANCOC at Sill in '82.  Lots of interesting history in the area.  I am in the same group with Cole Bluesteel.  If you need any help let us know.
T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Sergeant Stump Marlow

Quote from: Tascosa Joe on March 15, 2011, 08:31:21 AM
Marlow:
Are you a former artilleryman?  I went to ANCOC at Sill in '82.  Lots of interesting history in the area.  I am in the same group with Cole Bluesteel.  If you need any help let us know.
T-Joe

Engineer Regiment Logistics Operations NCO, first and last duty stations was Ft Sill. The museium there at Ft Sill is great. I always like to visit the old post area.
SGT Marlow
NCOWS #3386

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com