Malcolm scope on Henry/66

Started by Capt. Montgomery Little, July 28, 2010, 10:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Montgomery Little

Has anyone on this site ever mounted a Malcolm scope on either a Henry or 1866?  If so, were the mounts modified to fit? How well did it work?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Abilene

Leatherwood, who make the Malcolm scopes, list mounts for the shorter scope to fit the '73 and '76, so I suppose it should work on a '66 as well.  Don't know about a Henry, don't think the front sight is dovetailed on that one is it?  The malcolm mounts usually fit into the existing dovetails, although the picture further down on this page looks like the scope is side-mounted on the '76.  I'm sure if you called them they could tell you.

http://www.leatherwoodoptics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37&Itemid=52

Herbert

I can not recall were I saw it but I have seen a photo of a scoped Henry,I think the rifle was a original as the scope was mounted on the frame and rear barrel dovetail,it was a offset mount ,it looked lick a short Malcolm scope from memory

Grizzly Adams

I have mounted the Malcolm on both the 73 and the 76.  In both cases, the aft mount utilizes the dust cover rail, and mounts the scope off set to the left.  It might be possible to mount one on a 60/66 by dovetailing the top front of the frame and using one of the forward mounting plates, or by tapping the side of the reciever like you would with a 92/94.

FWIW, I no longer have scopes on either of my rifles.  ::)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Coffinmaker

I have seen Malcomb scopes mounted on both the Henry and the '66.  Unfortunately I didn't pay any attention to the actual mounts.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com