Officially a Darksider !!!

Started by Grizhicks, July 07, 2010, 08:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizhicks

Good Morning to All !!!

Well, it looks like I'm officially a DARKSIDER.  Purchased 2 Uberti 1860 Armys at Dixie Gun Works yesterday.  (now have to find time to shoot them)

We (the wife, the dog &I) went to Columbus, KY for the weekend; camping at Columbus-Belmont State Park (KY & site of the Battle of Belmont {or Kentucky side}.  Yesterday we went down to Union City (about 30 miles) and visited DWG.  What a place!!!  Took my time and played with just about every .44 C&B in the cabinet, but settled on the Armys.  Also got all the basic necessities, plus some spare parts.  I'm planning on breaking them down and cleaning tonight, and ready to shoot some.

-- Grizhicks
SASS #88761
GAF #760
STORM #362

"...against all enemies, foreign or domestic...  So help me God."

Dick Dastardly

Good on you Grizhicks,

The path to BP enlightenment lies ahead for you.  Enjoy the trip.  There is no end.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Noz

Welcome to the fire! I approve strongly of your choice of guns. The 1860s have served me well. Consider a set of TRESO nipples in the very near future and 90% of the common problems with cap and ball will be eliminated.
You also do not have to fill the chambers to the top to get a good result. Start in the vicinity of 20-22 grains and work up until you find a good load that satisfies you for accuracy, smoke, flames and boom. I use .454 balls in all of mine.

Percussion Pete

Good job. I love the 60's too.

I second the Treso nipples. They'll make life easier.
Pete

Angel_Eyes

Welcome to proper shooting, Grizhicks!!

Although I prefer my ROA's and Remmies for reliability, I have always considered the 1860's to be the best looking of all the B/P pistols.

There is just something about those long smooth lines that appeal to me, and it was also the first 'smoker' that I bought.

Have fun using them, AE.
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Percussion Pete

Quote from: Angel_Eyes on July 09, 2010, 08:10:40 AM
Welcome to proper shooting, Grizhicks!!

Although I prefer my ROA's and Remmies for reliability, I have always considered the 1860's to be the best looking of all the B/P pistols.

There is just something about those long smooth lines that appeal to me, and it was also the first 'smoker' that I bought.

Have fun using them, AE.

Plus the 60's point better.  ;)
Pete

Paladin UK

Fer Grizhicks ..........

Welome to ya pard from the `other side` (Of the pond that is ;) ),

+1 on the 1860`s  ;D
Paladin (What lurvs ALL his opentops  :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Percussion Pete

Quote from: Paladin UK on July 09, 2010, 01:32:58 PM
Fer Grizhicks ..........

Welome to ya pard from the `other side` (Of the pond that is ;) ),

+1 on the 1860`s  ;D
Paladin (What lurvs ALL his opentops  :D ) UK

Do you crouch down like Palidin when you draw?

I hope not.  ;) I always thought he looked a bit goofy.
Pete

Paladin UK

Fer PP...........

QuoteDo you crouch down like Palidin when you draw?

NOPE!!!!!!!!!! Short enuf as it is ;)

Paladin (Who's mum sewed turn-ups on his nappies diapers ? ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Percussion Pete

Pete

fourfingersofdeath

What did Johnny Cash say about the cap and ball Colt in the sone 'The Devil's Right hand?' Get you into trouble, but couldn't get you out. Prettiest thing I ever did see!
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Deadguy

Quote from: fourfingersofdeath on July 13, 2010, 09:17:38 AM
What did Johnny Cash say about the cap and ball Colt in the sone 'The Devil's Right hand?' Get you into trouble, but couldn't get you out. Prettiest thing I ever did see!

Didn't he also say, "Shoots fast as lightning, but loads a mite slow"?
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

Percussion Pete

Loads a bit slow.

That's why I have two.
Pete

Drayton Calhoun

The three major food groups, sulpher, saltpetre and charcoal.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

litl rooster

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on October 01, 2010, 11:56:29 PM
The three major food groups, sulpher, saltpetre and charcoal.

don't forget the crisco
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com