Anyone heard from J.D. Yellowhammer?

Started by Mako, June 04, 2010, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Howdy Camp...
I get back (edited/modified 6/6; and find I no longer have a command of the English language) and have been doing some catching up.  I noticed J.D. hasn't even logged in since May 2nd.  I dropped him a line, but does anyone know how he's doing?  I was hoping to hear he had some good reports for us since we are now into summer.

Regards,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

WaddWatsonEllis

Mako,

JD Yellowhammer has been more than kind to me with some history work that I was working on concerning my mother's family.

In the emails amd correspondence I found him to be a real gentleman and a prodigious person to know.

I will keep this correspondence at eye length and hope for the best ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Mako

W.W.E.,
I guess I am still a bit slow, but I'm not following you.  Are you saying you have been in recent correspondence with J.D., or have you been incommunicado with him as well?

I hope for a happy report concerning J.D.'s absence.

Regards,
Mako

WaddWatsonEllis

Mako,

Unforutunately, May would be a milestone for me too. I thought I was just missing the frums he was posting in ... looks like it is time to send him a PM ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Mako

If anyone is interested I got a message from J.D.  He's been recuperating from some back surgery earlier he had earlier this year.

Hope to have him back online soon...

~Mako

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com