Unknown Wild West Performer

Started by Shotgun Steve, May 22, 2010, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Forty Rod

I recognize him.  That's Jim Dandy.   ::)

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that.  Not even on Hallowe'en. Just goes to show that tastes and fashions change...thankfully.  ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Delmonico

Quote from: Forty Rod on May 22, 2010, 12:33:00 PM

I thought Jim Dandy the lead singer from Black Oak Arkansas had longer hair, or at least he did back in the early 70's when I went to their concert. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Will Ketchum

Quote from: Forty Rod on May 22, 2010, 12:33:00 PM

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that.  Not even on Hallowe'en. Just goes to show that tastes and fashions change...thankfully.  ;D

Gee Forty Rod, I thought he was wearing the same duds you have on in your avatar...just kidding don't be getting all nasty on me Pard.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Stillwater

No suspenders... I wonder how he is holding his pants up?

Bill

Shotgun Franklin

The Show Costume was not exactly what the average Cowboy wore. Who's Show was he in?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Delmonico

Quote from: Shotgun Franklin on May 22, 2010, 04:09:07 PM
The Show Costume was not exactly what the average Cowboy wore. Who's Show was he in?

Which brings up an interesting thought, since there were many Wild West Shows before 1900, then a Wild West performer outfit should be NCOWS legal.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Shotgun Franklin

While I'm not a member it stands to reason that if you can document an item then it ought to be legal???
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Don Nix

Seneral years ago, the Sheriff decided that all the deredtives had to wear coats and ties. But he didnt specify what kinf. so I started wearing BOLO ties and rodeo scarfs. Drove him crazy. I wish I had that guys tie. it would have been the strw that broke the camels back.
I alway s wore  a suit to court but because I also supervised the Mounted Horse unit, a coat and tie didnt work well for me.

Devil Anse Hatfield

It looks as the tie has been cut off or it is frayed bad. Is his tie tack right side up or down/

River City John

Quote from: Shotgun Franklin on May 22, 2010, 04:20:40 PM
While I'm not a member it stands to reason that if you can document an item then it ought to be legal???

Which raises the question, now why aren't you a member yet? ;D ;D

Make your mark right on the dotted line.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Stillwater

Quote from: Delmonico on May 22, 2010, 04:15:04 PM
Which brings up an interesting thought, since there were many Wild West Shows before 1900, then a Wild West performer outfit should be NCOWS legal.

Would that be legal without suspenders...?...?...?

Bill

Dr. Bob

DAH,

The horse shoe is undoubtedly a stick pin as there were no tie tacks in the 1800's.  All the ones that I have seen would have the horse shoe in that position.  The tie is pretty much what was worn.  Some had a finished bottom and some were left "raw".  May have been finished at one time, but hard to tell.

Stillwater,

Braces are not required.  If your waist/butt will hold yer pants up there is no nee.  A lot of cowboys are pictured w/o braces.  Most of us now NEED the braces to keep the pants up!  My problem is NO ASSATALL!! :o :P :(  Other's mileage may vary! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com