New problem, bullets do not eject

Started by Windy City Joe, May 21, 2010, 11:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy City Joe

New problem, bullets do not eject. I think it has something to do with the extractors. If I put everything back together without the extractors, everything runs smooth (of course no bullet). With the extractors installed and you cycle the lever, the extractor on the saddle ring side will go all the way forward and the one on the hammer side will stop about a quarter inch aft of the other one. They do not work in sync.
This gun has never been fired, been in a gun safe since 2001.

Windy City Joe

Herbert

It just sound licke it needs runing in ,when ejecting a fired cartrige there will be resistance and the extractors will work in sink,when the cartrige is being fed the rim will catch on the rearmos extractor and feeding will be fine ,it is inportant to realise there is no ejector on the Spencer only extractors so you have to move the leaver rapidly to clear the cass from the action

Shenandoah

I had the same problem when my gun was new. The hammer side extractor did not go all the way forward. I had to hone the side of the extractor until it would smoothly slide back and forth. It caused me extraction problems until it was corrected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com