New Henry rifle, finally got it!

Started by Pulp, April 20, 2010, 05:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulp

Got to shoot it today.  Works pretty good.

2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Dick Dastardly

Cool video.  Good smoke.  Great sound.  Now, how's that camera?

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Deadguy

Is it a replica of an actual Henry, or one of those modern lever actions made by the Henry Rifle Co.?
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

rebsr52339

Hey Dick, the camera is OK. The camera man had to go home to change his underware.   ;D
Bowie Knife Dick
NCOWS #3318
SASS #87007
RATS #564
ABKA #23

Dick Dastardly

Cool camera angle, regardless!!!

DD-DLoW
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Pulp

2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Shotgun Franklin

They're nice guns and were carried for the entire time that we think of as the Old West.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Percussion Pete

Love your guns.

Aren't the wedges going in the wrong side?
Pete

Crow Choker

On Walkers the wedge was inserted from right to left. Colt changed it from left to right when the Dragoons were introduced. Read one time why the Walkers stated out that way and why it was changed, will have to look it up to refresh myself. The Patersons had the wedge left to right, even what is known as the 'Transitional Dragoon" or the Whitneyville-Hartford Dragoon which was sort of half-Walker/half-Dragoon was left to right. If ya want to read a good reference, get a copy of Dennis Adler's book "Colt Single Action-From Patersons To Peacemakers". Wealth of information.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Crow Choker

Oh, by the way Pulp, good lookin pair of Walkers and Henry, meant to give ya a thumbs up on them on previous post; didn't mean to ignore yer mighty fine shootin irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Percussion Pete

Quote from: Crow Choker on May 09, 2010, 08:20:02 AM
On Walkers the wedge was inserted from right to left. Colt changed it from left to right when the Dragoons were introduced. Read one time why the Walkers stated out that way and why it was changed, will have to look it up to refresh myself. The Patersons had the wedge left to right, even what is known as the 'Transitional Dragoon" or the Whitneyville-Hartford Dragoon which was sort of half-Walker/half-Dragoon was left to right. If ya want to read a good reference, get a copy of Dennis Adler's book "Colt Single Action-From Patersons To Peacemakers". Wealth of information.

Thanks. I have a lot to learn.

Which is fun at my age.
Pete

Griff

Quote from: Pulp on April 20, 2010, 05:34:33 PM
Got to shoot it today.  Works pretty good.

Superb!!

BTW, you comin to Roundup?  Hope ya plan on shootin' Frontiersman. 
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com