Latest Warhawk w/display stand and headcover

Started by John M Cohea, April 02, 2010, 10:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John M Cohea

Here is a set recently made for a Canadian collector, (who by the way has great taste ;D)and was professionally photographed by Jim Cooper of sharpbycoop.com.
The head is forge tetured leaf spring steel, and the haft is 19 inches of some of the most spectacular curly maple I have ever seen. Rawhide wraps, copper tacks, and a patterned copper band round it out,Headcover is rawhide covered veg-tan, and the display stand is Mississippi River driftwood, an elk antler tine, and a piece of forged keystock.
Hope you enjoy the looksee!

Hey pards, be sure to check out my website!!
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com

Dave Cole

Everytime I see it John,I love it more.Awesome brother.Dave :)

KidTerico

John that is by far the nicest looking hawk I have ever seen. The workmenship is outstanding. I dont know what else to say except I hope the one you are making for me is half that good. Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for showing.. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

KT, if there is ever a war on US soil, I'm coming to your house, because with all the blades you have, we all ought to be safe!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

KidTerico

JD YOU would be more than welcome at my house anytime. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a spectacular hawk. The handle really is an outstanding piece of wood. Very nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

amin ledbetter

:o  ( Speechless!!)

I haven't the words to describe how amazing that is John! Fantastic!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Biscuit Joe

pictures like posted above make me proud to be a human. What can one say but, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

Dalton Masterson

Beautiful!

JD, I would stay AWAY from KT's house, however, in the event of a tornado!
Yeeoowch! ;)
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

Thanks KT, Good one Dalton, and I did not mention what a Spectacular piece of work that is!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

KidTerico

JD and DM the reason I would want u at my house in case of a war is I would be retreating. You could fight for my house.  :D ;D ;D ;)KT

Gun Butcher

John, you have the total package there. Beautiful work. Anyone with one of your pieces should be honored.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

outrider

Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Howdy JC,
WOW :o :o :o :o :o :o What can I say, that is a pure work of art!!! With that kind of talent you won't have any problem making a living!!!! I have seen TV programs that have shown Black Smith making swords ect., more work involed that I could ever do any more!
Thanks For sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John C.

What can I say that hasn't already been said, it's be on words, your work is always upper level for sure, and I'm familiar with Coops photography. I bet this hawk blew him away. Thanks for sharing John.

tEN wOLVES  :D 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

John M Cohea

AWW, ya'll are makin' me blush!Seriously, thanks everyone, I really do appreciate all the compliements and kind words!Ten Wolves, this is actually the second of these that Coop has shot.The first I had shot at the Blade Show last year in Atlanta.I then put it as the cover page of my website, and since then I can't make them fast enough!

John M Cohea

I'm a dummy fellas! I sent the owner of this set the link to this thread, and he pointed out that I posted the same pic twice!How I did'nt catch that I'll never know, but anyhow, here's the other shot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com