A pouch for KT

Started by ChuckBurrows, March 31, 2010, 10:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckBurrows

KT should get this soonly - it's a variation on the pouches I've been doing for several years now and the pattern is based on an original.......

The cross was cut and formed from brass with nickel plated rivets (not period but...) the pouch body is full lined and is a mix of buffalo hide, elk hide, brass spots, hawk bells, pewter buttons, and beadwork in a mix of Indian and "white" styles ..............

Also more pics on the way (including the two camp knives and therir clothes)...I been busy  ;D......
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

JD Alan

KT should get himself a Kilt and wear that right in front of it! Chuck that is outstanding. Kid, you've got a winner there.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

What can I say but Gorgeous!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Nice but not as nice as mine :D :D Kt could'nt stand it he had to out do us all..And don't give him any ideas he'll do it...I'd have to tell him to blow out his bagpipes :D :D He ain't tall enough for a kilt,he have to change his alias to Peter Dragon...BAAA HAAA :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

ChuckBurrows

OOPS - it's fixed now ( Iorigainlly posted the same pics twice)
Thanks!

PS
Skip - I'll try and call this weekend.......

Quotedon't give him any ideas
I already did ;)
aka Nolan Sackett

Dalton Masterson

Beautiful work CB!! I think I use your latest pics as the computer wallpaper every time you post something new.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

amin ledbetter

Ahhh Man! KT get's all the cool stuff!  >:(   ;D  KT you are a lucky man!

Chuck that is absolutely awesome! Everything you do has such beautiful color on the leather! How do you do it??? I have yet to see anything you have done that doesn't have a really awesome color ( and sometimes texture ) on the leather! Inspiring that's for sure! I have to learn how to finish leather like you do!

KidTerico

JD I actually only wear the leather work I make myself. I will wear the knives and sheaths I get from Dave , Josh or John C since I dont make any knives. I have a nice hawk being made by John. A pouch like chucks will get hung on the wall. This is  the pouch I wear. When asked its fun to say you made your rigs your self . I think you all know what I mean.KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Both of those pouches are off the charts man.You both do the coolest work on those pouches.
I think i have a kilt around here somewhere ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

ChuckBurrows

Quote from: amin ledbetter on March 31, 2010, 11:23:22 PM
Ahhh Man! KT get's all the cool stuff!  >:(   ;D  KT you are a lucky man!
Chuck that is absolutely awesome! Everything you do has such beautiful color on the leather! How do you do it??? I have yet to see anything you have done that doesn't have a really awesome color ( and sometimes texture ) on the leather! Inspiring that's for sure! I have to learn how to finish leather like you do!
Amin - I really wish I had an exact formula, but for me it's just not a simple one or two or even three step process. On this pouch alone it took about four weeks to get it close to what I envisioned (including building the basic pouch twice) - and that was just close. On each piece I use a basic process, but it's at that point the "fun" begins......... ;D - some day/weeks the air turns blue when I'm fighting to get the look I want - other times (seldom) it just sort of falls into place...........

Right now I've got three projects in the works that have me tearing my hair out (thankfully I've got a lot of hair left - about 3' worth!)
aka Nolan Sackett

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Chuck that looks like it came off "Dances With Wolves" or out of a museum. Very well done sir.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's really beautiful, Chuck. I love the design on the flap. Cool, to say the least.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's another beautiful piece of work Chuck.

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

awopaho joe

Speaking of pulling out hair, I've been trying to put a patina on some brass cones and beads with liver of sulphur and then ferric nitrate and it's just not doing what I want. This ageing thing ain't rocket science, it's harder!  :-\  I have a lot of respect for your work. Can you give me any tips on what method works for you?  Thanks.

WaddWatsonEllis

Awapahoe Joe,

If I may jump in for a bit, I think I might have an answer.

As a wood butcher, I built this 40" high 'Captain's Bed' that required stove bolts to hold the upper part together.

The galvanized top of the bolts were so bright and anachronistic it ruined the whole look of the bed.

So, I was watching Norm in the New Yankee Workshop or This Old House ... they were speaking with a man who was re-caining (sp?) the lead in a stained glass window.

The man doing the restoration spoke of a standard 'antiqueing' solution available at stained glass dealers ... one for BRASS and one for lead.

I bought the lead one and painted it on to the tops of the stove bolts and presto! They not only looked 150 years or so old, but they might do justice to a Chuck Burrows project!

I am thinking the one for brass might have the same result for you.

Caution; This solution can be VERY caustic. Wear eye protection, neoprene gloves and a long sleeved shirt !

[/img][/img]
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com