How many holster do you make on a year?

Started by Boothill Bob, March 31, 2010, 01:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

I´m curious of how many holster you pards make on a year? Here in Sweden isent the demand for
holsters so great, I´m doing about 10-14 holsters a year..

Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

cowboy316

well BB
counting the order i just finished for the gun shop here ive done bout 50 holsters so far this year some where western style holster but the main part of them have been concealed carry holster
Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

BB, I have never really counted, but I would say on a guess, somewhere between 10-20 holsters, plus belts, slides, etc.
All work is hand stitched, so it takes a little longer.
I also have a full time job with the city, so sometimes that eats my bench time.
This year has been less, as we have little Wesley now and he is more fun than whacking leather, most of the time. ;)
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

Sort of depends on who's changing the diapers huh! 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

ChuckBurrows

A tough question to answer since so much depends on one's market and one's methods -
1) When making tactical/LEO/concealed carry gear I made between 150-200 holsters. They were mostly clicker cut and I used vat dyed leather so the amount of handwork was as limited as possible for me.

2) As a full-time strictly one off custom maker (all period leather now) I make maybe 25-35 holsters a year, but that is just a part of my production and over the last couple of years a diminishing item since more and more I'm doing beaded/Indian goods.
Overall my production, which includes leather, custom knives, and replica Indian gear is about 60 pieces a year, but then due to my "reputation" I can produce less at a higher price point (a price point that I can't afford!  ;) )

DM - Enjoy that little Wesley while you can, my "little" one turns 33 this year (he's two inches taller than me although I've got him beat on weight) with a little one of his own that is 7 or 8 years old.....where in the double hockey sticks the time went I don't know  ???
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Dalton Masterson

JD, you nailed it!

Chuck, he is a joy I didnt expect him to be. I cant wait until I can really start teaching him stuff....

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

willygene

I produce about 50 a year pluse belts and other assorted things for cowboy action and collectors between saddles and saddle repair and this time of year the repair work comes in handy. after 30 years of leather work i would rather do the gun leather more than any thing it's my passion in leather work.

TN Mongo

Last year I did 12 lined CAS holsters, several gun belts, shotgun belts, and a number of other leather projects including updating a Spencer rifle cartridge tube box.  Leather is my fun job; I'm still a full time high school history teacher and coach.

My other problem is that I am notoriously slow at getting projects done.  I have a nice sewing machine, but I still like to do some stitching by hand and I'm too picky about how stuff looks.  If I were doing this for a living, I'd be a skinny man. 

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com