Official Leather Shop Thread. Show us your Shop or Shop Area.

Started by DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM, March 30, 2010, 06:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Very Nice KT!
I need to go that route, and get my tools all up out of the way and wall mounted like that. Would make it much easier to find them in the clutter, and also keep them sharper.

I really need to come up with a better way of storing my rolls of patterns. Maybe a wine rack type shelf, or a leather bound pattern book......hmmmmm.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ned Buckshot

Very nice Tractor Collection Kid!

I've got a fondness for that kind of stuff.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

GunClick Rick

Dang KT that's cleaner than our hospital! And bigger than my house :-\

I think we should have a pouch off ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

rebsr52339

Being the old man I am I have had plenty of time to add a lot of "stuff" to my shop. I live in the country and my workshop is a block building about 28 x 32 feet. The area where I do my engraving is where I do some leather work.
Bowie Knife Dick
NCOWS #3318
SASS #87007
RATS #564
ABKA #23

JD Alan

KT, that's a nice set up you've got there. I collect things too, but not intentionally  :P

You guys inspired me to clean up my shop. The house came with a laundry room, complete with cabinets and a deep sink, so I share my space with a washer and dryer. I have a good sized bench in the garage with a drill press and a couple of grinders, and a covered patio right outside the door with a large table for cutting. Now if I could just get something accomplished!

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

I'm envious of you guys. Looks like I have to start from scratch.
I'm working on mine as we speak.

My favorite finish screw.

Drawer backs and fronts being sanded.

1/4 in Router bit for the drawer side groove.

Drawer Sides with the groove cut for the drawer bottom.

So here I am making these up out of Baltic Birch.

The Maple Drawer Fronts come next.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

84 pounds of drawer pulls so far. At least that's what the boxes all said.

Here are the drawers with pilot holes drilled ready to accept the maple drawer front and 24 inch stainless steel handles.

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Wheels for the maple top work tables.

Then 3 of these 5 foot tall storage cabinets

These will have 10 drawers in them.

8-30 X 30's all together. These are portable so to spend summers up north and winters down south.  ;)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

KidTerico

You pards have some very nice shops out there. Sure make doing leather work more fun. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

rebsr52339

My father always said, "Son, sit on the floor to work. When you drop something, you won't have so far to look". Good advice.
Bowie Knife Dick
NCOWS #3318
SASS #87007
RATS #564
ABKA #23

JD Alan

Yeah, but then you to get up off the floor! Gettin down there is one thing, gettin up is another ::)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

WOW, I'm impressed, you pards have put together some very nice shops and work areas, it's nice to have a place all your own to do the things we like doing, having your tools at hand makes working so much more enjoyable and having room to work in is even better.

My Hat's off to all of you

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

ok Pards
heres my shop but man Moma sure gets upset when we cant eat at the table LOL
Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

Cowboy, you sure turn out pretty leftovers at that supper table!

Where did you get that oval stencil? All I can find are round ones?
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

cowboy316

at one time the walmart here had a good scrap booking section but not now you might try a hobby lobby or a michels  one of the craft shops should have them
Cowboy316

KidTerico

JD I have no problem getting down there as short as  I am. ;D ;D KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChuckBurrows

For those who have one or the other of my DVDs you've seen my "shop" which consists of a work table in a corner of our living room and a small ( 8' x 12') spare room that is for the dirty work  - yep it would be nice to have more apace but like Maria Muldaur once sang " it ain't the m--t it's the motion" that counts....

PS for those who have seen my Sheath DVD - that's the most often I have ever said booger it up in my life - reckon that's what they call "method acting"  ;D  ;)   ;D
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

JD Alan

Bowie Knife Dick, you've got a real nice shop there, kinda reminds me of what I believe Slowhand Bob has.

Duke, that's quite a cabinet shop you've got there, and very nice work. If your leather work turns out anything like your wood work, your going to be rockin!

Cowboy 316, your sure put out a lot of quality stuff for such a small area, very efficient.

KT, with the back & knees acting up, I have to circle like an old dog lying down when I get up. I'm on the floor twice a day doing stretches and back exercises so I can keep moving at all

Chuck, I would feel right at home there I've watched your DVD so many times! Maria Muldar, now there's a woman with a voice! With Amos Garrett on guitar it was a combo hard to beat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com