Was wondering if anyone on here has Mountain man patterns

Started by Ace Lungger, March 28, 2010, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Fella's,
I am looking for a pattern for making me a Mountain Man pair of pants and a shirt, made of buck skin!
I saw that I could buy them at Missouri Trading Co. for $10.00 each!
Okay here is the deal, right outside of town we have a super nice Muzzle loader club. Even though I am not into the mountain man thing, but i want to join ther club because they have a nice shooting range. In order to get excepted you have to go to 3 meetings and you have to wear period like cloths.
So I hope maybe someone has the patterns and would trace them off for me, I am not even sure that I can find buck skins that I can afford??? So I might be putting the cart in font of the horse???
Just thought I would put this out just in case   I get some buck skins !!
Thanks
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Ace, I may be able to fix you up. I will go out to the shop in a minute and see if I still have the pattern for the pants. 
As an alternative to buckskin canvas is well acceptted at all the muzzleloader clubs I ever belonged to and for a shirt all you need is a drop sleeve shirt. Think about that while I go look.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Gun Butcher

As  Rick would say,  woo hoo, I found the early frontiersman pants and the drop sleeve shirt pattern. Now thats got to be a first I knew right where to look for a change.  I will shoot them off to you tomorrow.
As I said, canvas is a real good subsitute for leather and this pattern will work for either one. Your wife should be able to help figure the pattern out. Its all there as far as I know but if it isn't let me know and I can walk you thru it.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

goodtime annie

Are you planning on making your own shirt? I have a second skin pattern  for a mans jacket that has the fringe option on it
Goodtime Annie

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go!

http://www.facebook.com/AnnNewkold.LeatherEmporium

KidTerico

Ace I would send you some but it would be for a really little bitty MT Man.  ;D ;D KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ace Lungger

That sounds Great GB,  :) :) I will check the canvas out.
G.A., Your pattern for a fringed jacket sounds cool!! If you could pm me with details about!
I am very great full to all!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com