Isn't that a Daisey

Started by amin ledbetter, March 28, 2010, 01:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amin ledbetter

Yes it is. Well at least that is what I call it!  ;D  I just finished this up today. I call it the Daisey Rig.  I made this for a Past Master of our Lodge. He wanted it to carry his Ruger Vaquero ( 44 Mag with 7 1/2" barrel ) when he goes hunting. He wanted something that he could wear under a coat or on top of a coat while in the woods hunting. He wanted to be able to sit down with it on as well. I made this holster a convertible. The holster comes off the main shoulder harness. You can fold the tang on the back of the holster down and reattach it to the holster strap and wear it strong side on a belt if you want. Below are some pics.

goodtime annie

Very nice I am sure the past master will cherish that rig!
Goodtime Annie

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go!

http://www.facebook.com/AnnNewkold.LeatherEmporium

GunClick Rick

That is totally awsome~~Man i'd like to have one like that for my old Daisy 45 bb pistol ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Amin,

That is a sweet lookin' Rig. A real nifty design well executed. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good job amin, it looks great, and that color is wild.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Amin thats some darn nice leather work your showing. Keep it up.. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Darn nice, amin. Very clean.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Beautiful rig Amin, and very well done.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

WaddWatsonEllis

Amin,

That almost makes me want to become a Mason!

Gorgeous work that the recipient will recieve alot of praises about ....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

cowboywc

Howdy
That is a good Lookin Shoulder Holster. Great  Idea.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Biscuit Joe

I LIKE IT! ;D
What is that color? It seems to just glow!

Irish Dave

Interesting design and well-executed. Good job.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Ned Buckshot

Excellent Job!

Please tell us about the color, I'm very interested.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Dalton Masterson

Way to go Amin!!! Your carving has come along quickly, and your designs are knockout. Keep it up!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Helda Huginkiss

Never Drop Your Gun to Hug a Grizzly!!

amin ledbetter

Thanks for all the kind words y'all. You are all to kind. I think I have a long way to go yet, but I am having a ball doin this stuff.  ;D

You all really like that color????? I have to admit I was worried about it when I did it. The color is a mix of two different Fiebings dyes. I mixed Tan with Lt Brown and got the redish, brownish color you see pictured. I was affraid it was to red! Now this is the rig that blotched on me when I dyed it. It had real dark brown spots throughout it when I first applied the dye, then dried to what you see in the pics. I thinned it with water, and buffed between coats. ( 3 coats total applied with a sponge brush ) Kinda funny all y'all like the color, and I wasn't that thrilled with it at first. In fact until I did the inlet on the carving with the Fiebings Chocolate I didn't like it at all. I was gonna strip it the way Chuck told me to in a reply to my blotchiness post! I gave it to my friend Doug ( the Past Master ) last night, and he was very happy with it. So if you all like the color, and Doug liked the color then maybe the color was OK! Who'da thunk? Thanks again for the kind words fellas. I can't thank you all enough for the helpful advice you all have givin me.

Ace Lungger

AL,
Man that is SUPER, I realy like it!! I can't ad anything that hasn't been said!!! But that rig is TOP NOTCH!!

Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com