Kid Terico

Started by Johnny McCrae, March 27, 2010, 08:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

This past week I had the distinct pleasure of meeting  Kid Terrico.  We swapped some stories about our experience's throughout the years and of course talked about Leather Working. Although I  have never met this fine gentleman before it was like getting together with and old friend.  We had a wonderful visit.

I had the privilege of viewing his Leather Work. The pictures that KT posts do not do his work justice. As I've said, the range of looks and designs KT creates are phenomenal.  The original small details and decorations KT personally creates are awesome. Of course his workmanship is first class. I'm certainly not an authority on  Leather Working but do have a feel for the amount of work that goes into a Rig. I was very impressed.

We arrived home from our ski trip Friday evening in one piece. Waiting with our mail was a wonderful surprise. KT made a beautiful Pouch for me. It is a true work of art and I will treasure it always. Attached are pictures. As I've said, the details KT puts into his work are incredible and pictures do not do justice to his work.

KT, many thanks for your kind hospitality and your wonderful gift

Best regards,

Johnny McCrae
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Gun Butcher

Johnny, thats a wonderful looking pouch.
I heard about your visit with the Kid , it sounded like you guys had a ball. He is truly a gentleman of the top shelf as are you.

My question is ,does he need some more stuff ??? ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

Thanks for the kind words. You are 100% correct... Kt is a top shelf gentleman

Someone once asked me "What is the proper amount of Harley's in a collection?". My answer was "Just one more". I suppose that could apply to Gun's and Leather also.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

I have to say it was and is a REAL Honor to meet a person like Johnny M. My wife even said that this is the first time she has seen me this much up in spirits since my operations. He spent about 3 hours with me and it seemed like 10 min.the way the time flew.For any one who meets him you can say when he leaves that u hope he will be a friend for life.  He will surprise u by how young he looks. I would have guessed him in his 50ts. I will close by saying if he will allow it my wife and myself  will meet him again. Thats a promise . John thanks for everything.   Terry
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

I assumed Johnny must be younger than his age when I read that he was skiing! It's great that you two got to meet up. I would love the chance to get together with either or both of you. You guys have both been a great help and inspiration. Johnny, you got me sewing when I flat could not get it right. Terry, you've been a wealth of help and information as well as inspiration

I've got a bunch of cousins in south central Minnesota, not far from Ned Buckshot. One of these days I've got to get out there and visit some of them, and then it will be out to visit Kid Terico for sure!

I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time, and Johnny, I've no doubt the pictures do not do KT's leather justice! That's a great pouch he made for you.   

I should be meeting up with Slick sometime in June when he and the missus come to Oregon to visit her mom. I'm looking forward to that.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

KidTerico

JD if u get down this way I would love to meet up with you.. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Johnny, I'm happy you had a good trip, and were able to see the Kid too, it sounds like you two hit it off like old friends, I think the PC gets a lot of credit for a lot of our friendships here in the forum, I know for myself that the friends I've made here are lasting friends, even though for the most part I haven't met all of you, and I'm sure others feel the same way. The Kid did a great job on your pouch, as he did with the one he made for me, as you said Johnny, and I think it sums up KidTerico real well, and that he's a  " Fine Gentleman "..... And he is one talented Son of a Gun.

And Johnny, I've known you for some time now, and age has no bearing on you, I think you will always be young, being young at heart is what keeps us going, and makes getting up to a new day an exciting experience, with new challenges, you and the Kid make great roll models, for having a wonderful outlook on life.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Hi Johnny,
Man that is a COOL BAG KT made for you!!!!! KT is a SUPER PARD like the rest of you all on here!! Glad you had some fun Johnny I planned on giving you a call sometime here soon!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

GunClick Rick

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o you got a KT pouch :) :) :) Treeeeeeeaaaaasuuuuureeeee :-* just be glad you don't play a flute Johnny ;D ;D i have to blow it out of mine all the time :D

Glad you guys had a good visit,hope your healin up better KT..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

That sounds like a great visit, Johnny. It's good to meet pards in person. He did a beautiful pouch for you. Very fine work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy John
It is fun to meet the members in person. KT made you a great pouch.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

GunClick Rick

I've decided whenever i have to have surgery again i want KT to sew me up ;D Damn i'd look good with that stitching, spots and conchos and snakeskin~~ :P ;D

Hey biker babe,TATTOO THIS! 8) 8) ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

GCR let me know when it happens, I,ll even throw in a few extras just for u.  ;D ;DKT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com