Western heros

Started by rebsr52339, March 26, 2010, 04:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

I met Clu Gulager when i was 10,he shot a fly off the wall with his six shooter, SEE THAT FLY!~~KABOOM!~!~ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

Drayton Calhoun

Quote from: Stillwater on September 24, 2010, 11:17:59 AM
Without a doubt Theodore Roosevelt...!

Bill
My last command before I retired from the U.S. Navy was CVN 71 USS Theodore Roosevelt. We had a small museum on board and we had one of his Colt SAA's and a '76 Winchester. When we were in port, I would go there and just drool a while LOL. The link was awsome. So many memories...
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Doc Cuervo

Quote from: River City John on September 22, 2010, 10:48:58 PM
My heros include Chris Madsen, "Bucky" O'Neill, Samuel L. Clemens and Elfego Baca.

RCJ
Some fine choices there. Bucky O'Neill was one hell of a man; stood head and shoulders over most men. Mark Twain, inspired a lot of us when we were young and set the tone for our lives. Elfego Baca may have just not known enough to be scared but I think it was more of a case of, "having big ones of brass." Chris Madsen did not have the word quit in his vocabulary.
George S. Patton is one of my personal heroes, along with Francis Marion, Bill Mosby, and the Heroes of the Alamo.
When did this country stop churning out Heroes of this caliber?
Now don't get me wrong; I work with Soldiers every day and we have a lot of young Bravehearts down in the trenches, in the desert, the sky and on the seas, but heroic leadership is in damned short supply.
The Generals and Admirals are all thinking career first mission be damned. Washington DC is over run with crimminals; on the steet and on the "hill".

Shotgun Franklin

I don't have actor heros. Most, not all, just can remember lines, know where to stand and look good. I've known some real Heros, they are usually just common people with guts.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Books OToole

Quote from: Shotgun Franklin on October 16, 2010, 10:24:42 AM
I've known some real Heros, they are usually just common people with guts.

Audie Murphy:  A true hero.  (Not a very good actor.)

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Delmonico

Books, don't forget about Jimmy Stewart, a lot of what he did in WWII is not well known to most folks.  And he was a pretty fair actor also. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Stillwater

Quote from: Books OToole on October 16, 2010, 10:49:47 AM
Audie Murphy:  A true hero.  (Not a very good actor.)

Books

Audie Murphy was a true hero in my way of thinking.

Incidentially, his wife just passed away this year.

Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com