US and CS stamps

Started by Slowhand Bob, March 13, 2010, 06:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowhand Bob

I think there may be some coming in the near future (next week) but I will have to let you know when/if it happens, he should be giving me a heads up on this.  The guy does some nice work at a very reasonable base price and he tells me that these will be good copies of original to patterns.  If it works out for him perhaps we could lobby him later for a slightly smaller set. 

outrider

Bob,

I am in the market for a replacement US stamp.  Greyghost, wants $100.00 for one of his embossing stamps (delrin) and Weaver supplies only the US stamp at a price of $75.00 (steel)

I will wait until you get a quote from your supplier before I go ahead and order one.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Slowhand Bob

Outrider, if you get a chance you can give me a call and I'll give you what I have.  It is perhaps not exactly what you might be expecting.  I have both stamps as sold by Weaver at one time but would not mind having them repeated in 1/2 to 2/3 size but I figure his response will dictate that.  

outrider

Bob,

Let me know what you come up with.  I am quite sure that Greyghost can make them in any deduced size we would need.  Let's see what your contact says.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Slowhand Bob

You will find them posted for sale here.  I am not great on the sales format, Ebay, but do find his products to be somewhat unique.  These are designed to be little more than plates but many of his carving style embossing plates are far more dimensional than what is commonly available.  Some of the patterns require fairly thick leather to do them justice but he includes photo examples to show their best use. 

I will not try to tell you how to operate on Ebay BUT do remember that we do become each others nemesis under this format.  Patience is a virtue and Tipton is constantly relisting items that have not been on for a few weeks.  I have seen some of his holster plates that now go for minimum bids sale for five or more times the minimum, when first offered.  I am hoping to see him open a direct sales site soon and will let you guys know when/if it happens.  His web site. http://www.bunkhousetools.com/   

The auction for the plates.     http://cgi.ebay.com/US-CS-Leather-Emboss-Plates-2-3-4-x-1-5-8-Each_W0QQitemZ320503262348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9f7bac8c

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com