spur strap sample #2

Started by cowboy316, March 09, 2010, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

howdy Pards
me again with another sample strap carving of the one i drew up and this one has a few slight changes and i just put a coat of neat lac on to keep it the natural color feel free to nit pick it and give me any suggestion you might have on the design
thanks for all the support and advice
Cowboy316

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Good job. Nice straight rows with the Tri-weave.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Wow! You are a true artist. Your carving is beautiful. Thanks for showing it to us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Skeeter Lewis

Gun Butcher

Cowboy that is some fine work Pard. I wasn't sure if I would like that tri-weave stamp but it looks mighty nice the way you did it.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

Thanks for all the kind words stil needs a little tweeking but i think thats the carving patter im doing for there Sheridan show in May and will be draw up a carving patter for a set of dove wings for the show plus im gonna do a portfoilo style notebook holder
Cowboy316

Devil Anse Hatfield

Cowboy good looking spur strap.
I cant tell from the pic. .
It has been 15 years since I hand my hand in the saddle boot biz. I dont remember the name of the tool that would be used to under
cut ( or Lift) the flower/ leaves to make them pop up from the carving. It seams to me that this would give the carving some more depth . to pull the eye in and hold it .
But maybe im all wet.
Cowboy if you are still looking for leather pm me with contact info.

cowboy316

howdy Devil Anse Hatfield
thank you for the kind words this pic was taken befor i lifted the petals and then my battery in my camera died so im waiting on it to charge so ill try to get a better close up here soon
and wil send pm here soon also
Cowboy316

GunClick Rick

Ole 316 is makin some good stuff.Hey Tim did ya ever get any leather in that gunshop that was gonna carry your goods?
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboy316

Yes i did Rick and am workin on a few more to take down this week
Cowboy316

JD Alan

Hey Tim, if WC compliments you, that's a great endorsement

I agree it looks good, and I aslo agree petal lifting would make it pop

I think the leather may arrive on Wednesday, or so my local Post Office said

Keep up the good work   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

This one looks just as good, Cowboy. You'll just have to make two pair.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

Marshal
i planned on making one pair for the sheridan show and 5 more to have on hand for sale lol
and the same with the dove wings im drawing up now
thanks for all the kind words and support
Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

An improvement on an already good looking design!  ;D  :o  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.