Sam Elliott's Bowie Knife Sheath

Started by kernel, March 04, 2010, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernel

Has anyone made or have a knife sheath like the one Sam  Elliott wears in " The Quick and the Dead"  or some of the other westerr's he's in. I'd like to make one for my knife/outfit. Any pic's would be appreciated.

GunClick Rick

Look in my avitar ;) Sam gave me this one ;) ;)

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

I just finished up a big 'ol Mountain Man bowie that I've been thinking about doing a sheath like that with the strap over the shoulder, havn't decided yet but I'll come up with something! ::) ???

And here I thought I was the only one to ever see that movie. I talk about the Quick and the Dead and everybody says oh ya the one with Sharon Stone! :o

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

GunClick Rick

Heck i don't even know Sam :D ;) ;) Got this from a pard about a year ago..I can't find that movie anywhere in updated version.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

It's copyright 1987 based on a Louis L'amour novel. Stars Sam Elliot, Kate Capshaw andTom Conti.

Not a great movie but I've seen much worse westerns! ::)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Dalton Masterson

Walmart had it in their bulk movie bin for quite awhile on dvd. Its out there anyway.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

kernel

Gunclick: That is just a "Bad" looking knife. Cant tell by the photo. Is the blade Damascus? That is exactly the style of knife I want plus his style of strap/bandoler kind of sheath to go with it. Thanks for the photo.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Ned Buckshot on March 04, 2010, 03:21:45 PM
It's copyright 1987 based on a Louis L'amour novel. Stars Sam Elliot, Kate Capshaw andTom Conti.

Not a great movie but I've seen much worse westerns! ::)

Ned

Also has Clayton Moore billed as Jerry Potter. He was in several others, too.

Pretty fair movie.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

ChuckBurrows

Make it a bandoleer with a sheath attached:
The first one was built as a convertible so the sheath could be worn on either the belt or over the shoulder - Chicago screws were used for the fasteners:

A couple more - the sheaths were riveted to the bandoleer:

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

GunClick Rick

Not damascuss just a different styled blade that is heavy and sharp.I have a long leather strap if it will help ya that came with it,too long for me and i don't use it.You are welcome to it and you can decorate like you want.If you can use it just pm me your address.

Bunch a ole scudders!

kernel

Gunclick: That knife is fantastic. Thank you very much for the offer. I'm still undecided on my setup. I may have it all done the same, ie. gun belt, holster, sheath,etc.. So for now, I'll pass the offer on to another. When you say, "Sam gave me this one" did you mean the "SAM" ?

Chuck: Those look great. I like that idea of making the sheath attatch to a strap and/or bandoleer. Sometimes I overthink things and make them more complicated than they are.  Do you mind if I use your photo's to use as a example? 

ChuckBurrows

QuoteDo you mind if I use your photo's to use as a example?  
Use what you wish as inspiration - that's why i posted them.........
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

GunClick Rick

When you say, "Sam gave me this one" did you mean the "SAM" ?

No,i was just Buffalo bellerin.I bought it from a great guy over at the sass classifieds,saw it as soon as he posted it and snagged it.He told me it was just like the one San wore in the movie,that's why i want to get the movie so i can see it.
That strap is here if ya need it..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Kernel, sent you a PM, please respond.

Thanks

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: GunClick Rick on March 05, 2010, 01:31:04 AM
.He told me it was just like the one San wore in the movie,that's why i want to get the movie so i can see it.

Sam wore that rig, or one much like it, in at least one other movie.  I know for sure he wore it in The Sacketts with Tom Selleck.  Hey, I just gave myself an excuse -- uh, reason -- to go and re-watch the movie(s)!

GunClick Rick

Butter up some indian popcorn Daniel,i'll be right over ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Springfield Slim

Gunclick: I've got that movie in VHS format if you want to borrow it.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

GunClick Rick

Springy thank you much,i just don't have a vhs player.I'm gonna go to town and see if i can find a dvd we got a blue ray on sale for christmas to both of us and it will play regular and BR dvds.I do thank you kindly for the offer..How the leather bizz? I need to get some boolits from ya too i keep forgettin,mostly i keep hurtin my back and can't do nothin anyway.Rain is lettin up,but supposed to rain tommorrow (GULP!)oh my achin body :-X
Bunch a ole scudders!

Triggersmith

Look at the knife Elliot was carrying in the Sacketts
Watch yer topknot
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith
See my ads in Cas City Classifieds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com