Johnny McCrae Spur Straps

Started by Gun Butcher, February 26, 2010, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

I will always call these "the Johnny McCrae spur straps" because he inspired them. The design on his new holsters looked like it would work good on some straps with just a little change and durned if it didn't.
Johnny, I hope they will pass muster cause I wouldn't want to make something that looked bad and name it after the man.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Those are some great looking Johnny McCrae's there Gun Butcher, you captured his style and pattern very well, the straps look Marvelous, just Marvelous, I know Johnny will be proud. ::) :o 8) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Wiley Desperado

Ah GB, ya ole cowboy ya did it this time didn't ya ? You done swung for the fence and knocked it plum out of the ball park.  Those spur straps are mighty fine! And you even gave them a great name.   :) ;) :D ;D
WD

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

By golly I am very proud and flattered to have my name on those Spur Straps. You did a beautiful job. The two tone treatment is outstanding. I like the way you placed the design around the Concho's and other hardware.

This made my evening. Many thanks GB.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

GB, those straps are outstanding. You really did Johnny proud with those. Nice adaptation.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Arizona Cattleman

Great lookin spur straps, you have done Johnny proud.  I am doing a double loop holster of a pattern he sent me.  I hope I can do as well.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Biscuit Joe

I don't care for the joined circle strap pattern, But DANG! :o You did an out standing job on them!!! :)
The leaf design is one I wouldn't mind having on a pair of my own personal spur straps.
It is a very nice change form the usual flower designs.
Very nice Job!!

Gun Butcher

Thanks to all for the kind words.
Johnny was worried that that design had to much of his past experience as a pin stripper and flame painter showing thru, but I say bring it on.
I think it works.
AC, I ain't got a worry in the world. I know your new rig will do you and Johnny proud.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

You Gents are going to make this old timer cry. Many thanks for the kind words.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dave Cole

I really like those,great coloring.Dave :)

Gun Butcher

Dave, thanks for the comment.  I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be with this stuff , but I am enjoying the journey.
Thats what its all about.
Aw Johnny, all of you guys deserve a lot more credit for all your help. The least I can do is give credit where it is due.

Now I want to see if I can trade a set of straps for a set of spurs. ???

cowboywc

Howdy GB
Those straps are way cool.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

northwestgrizzly

"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Gun Butcher

WC and Grizz, appreciate the kind words.
Got the next pair started  last night should get them done today sometime.

JD Alan

GB, really fine job on those straps. Any time I see two tone work I'm impressed. They look "Out of the Box" to me, and that's a good thing.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Kid Terico

GB some fine looking straps Great work as usual. Johnny its nice to use other artists ideas like yourself to make great leatherwork. Thats whats nice about this site we all work together.There are so many good artists to get ideas from.. KT

Gun Butcher

JD, thank you. I think it makes the tooling jump out more but it also accents any mistakes I make. ???  I guess I am getting into the "B" western look more than I meant to but all the cowboys I ever new really wanted their equipment to jump out at you.

Kid its ghood to hear from you this morning. Hope all is well.
Thank you for your kind words. You should really like the next ones as I am taking a page from the Kid Terico book for them. ;D
If it wasn't for the great people on this site I wouldn't be having so much fun. :D ;D

Texas Lawdog

Those are "Sunday Go To Meeting" Spur Straps!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com