Double Rig is Done!

Started by amin ledbetter, February 23, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amin ledbetter

I finally got my Double Gun Rig finished up last night. I did order some Leather sheen, as I may put a coating of that on it yet. But The dye I used is Tandy's all in one and is supposed to have a finish in it as well. They shined up nice, but I am still going to try a test piece with the leather sheen. I want to thank everyone on this forum with the helpful tips, and advice you all took the time to share with me that kept me heading in the right direction on this project. I really enjoyed making this rig, and I must say I am hooked. It was allot of fun. But I must say I enjoyed the fellowship of all you craftsmen here on the forum the most! Heck you guys make a new comer feel pretty much at home.  :) I have attached some pics of the rig below, as well as a link to more pics on my website. Thanks again pards!

http://gassaninedesigns.com/id177.htm

Dalton Masterson

Amin, that turned out really really well, despite the problems encountered!
Be proud of that rig!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

amin, you can be proud of what you have just made, it turned out great, and I'm happy to hear you're hooked, it happened to me too after my first project, and we at the Leather Shop Forum are Happy to have you join in with us, you'll find after a while this will become your second home and family, your photos look good too, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK Pard  ::) :o 8) ;D ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

JD Alan

I must have missed a post or two, because I was thinking that this was your first stab at leatherwork. Say it ain't so.

Very nice photography BTW
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

MontanaSlick

What kin I say, I'm speachless fer once.

Nice rig amin.

MS

TN Mongo

Very nice work!  When are you starting your next project?

I think it would be smart to put at least a second coat of a clear finish over your project.  Here in the Southeast you can sweat through a belt during the summer.  An extra coat of a clear finish can help prevent any of your dye from bleeding onto your clothes.

larrupin

amin,

Great work, I really like your carving pattern on those holsters.

Really a unique and cool rig.

Keep up the good work.

Larrupin

Kid Terico

Amin nice job, keep up the good work. It is so nice looking at that type of work. Thanks again. KT

Gun Butcher

Amin, that is absolutely a great looking rig. Wow, its a good thing you are hooked on this leatherworking thing because you got to much talent to quit.
I just can't say enough about it. The layout of your design, the coloring, everything came out beautiful.
Great work man.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

That has to a one of a kind~~ :)Very cool..
Bunch a ole scudders!

EE Taft

Very nice rig Pard.

You should be proud of that one.

Can't wait to see more of your work.

~EE Taft~
Hell fire, I done mosey'd inta tha red light district!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

bedbugbilly

amin - my BROTHER . . . . that is a beautiful job!  I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as nice!  Great workmanship and I love your design . . . . . Hiram would be very proud of you!  Thanks for sharing!  bedbugbilly - Michigan #435   :)

Johnny McCrae

Very nice especially for a first rig! Look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Amin, that rig came out great. Nice look, there.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com