Am I jinxed?

Started by Forty Rod, May 30, 2005, 04:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

There's a couple of Hoover models still made in the Southwest, as far as uprights go. The rest are Chinese now( GGgrrrrrrr!)......Buck 8) ::) >:( :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

litl rooster

Heck Forty is a human answered the phone you wouldn't be able to understand them...Unless you speak all of the Indian/Pak languages. ;D
Mathew 5.9

Forty Rod

Okay, here's something new.

I went today to buy a pair of canvas, slip-on deck shoes.  They'd be suitable for wearring to the gym, I'd think.

I couldn't find any in wide sizes under $150.00, and some went as high as $300.00.

Doesn't anyone in this world give a damn if they sell anything or not?

I can't possibly be the only paddle-foot out here in this world, but folks like Vans sell Medium width only.

I guess I'll duct tape my old pair together for another six or seven years.

One up side: found French's mustard a in glass jar at Stater Brrothers today.  I was tapping on it with my pocket knife to make sure it was really glass and got some of the strangest looks. 

No joy on catsup yet.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

litl rooster

litl' rooster was going to make smart a$$ remark about  feeling like a Diny a soarous here but will refrain ::)
Mathew 5.9

Forty Rod

Next question:  should it take three weeks for an envelope with photos to go 741 miles by USPS?  Two made it, one didn't.

Typical of my experience with the post office.

Remember, Annie?  Three months for a small box to travel cross country.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Trinity

I called recently to report a missing package ("track and confirm" said that it was delivered... how good is that without a signature???).  Anyway, the customer service agent asked if I would like a call from the inspector.  "Yes please".

Have I heard from anyone? 

Nope!

IDIOTS!!!! 
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Forty Rod on August 30, 2005, 10:39:02 AM
Next question:  should it take three weeks for an envelope with photos to go 741 miles by USPS?  Two made it, one didn't.

Aye, I remember. Sadly, the little store around the corner that had UPS shipping service and handled the other jars of jam and jelly I sent last year... is no longer offering UPS service. The next closest one is about 30 miles away. I've used them a few times and their prices seem a lot higher. The owner has a definite mercenary look to her gaze.

:(

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

litl rooster

I've always had good luck using USPS...Since the UPS strike several years ago, their service has gone down hill.

Yesterday was my day for being Jinx'd and was going to post it here and the power went out..Today is another day  ;D
Mathew 5.9

Capt. Hamp Cox

Rod, ya gotta put stamps on all tha envelopes, but them old S&H Green stamps won't work. ;D

Trinity

Quote from: Capt. Hamp Cox on August 31, 2005, 06:55:28 AM

Rod, ya gotta put stamps on all tha envelopes, but them old S&H Green stamps won't work. ;D

Just forget about it...  He'll never understand the concept!!!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Forty Rod

C'mere, kid.  Let me show you how to stamp a smartass.  Pa showed me before you was born.  Bite down on somethin'. This is gonna smart some.

>:(         :o

Trinity

:o So that explains why pa was so intent on teachn' me to be a smartass!

Forty Rod

You didn't think it was genetic, did you?

Trinity

I just think he wanted cheap entertainment. ;D ;D

Forty Rod

Talk about cheap entertainment.  I used to dress you in girls clothes and put you on the front porch for the neighbors to laugh at.

Side note: do you think anyone on this site actually thinks we're related?)

litl rooster

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 04, 2005, 11:54:56 AM
Talk about cheap entertainment.  I used to dress you in girls clothes and put you on the front porch for the neighbors to laugh at.

YES............................you  ;D 2 are like peas in a pod ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 04, 2005, 11:54:56 AM

Was there ever any doubt?

They're related.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Trinity

<<as a side note... My mother's father was a wandering man... ;D ;D ;D>>

Forty Rod

Yep, we're related to lotsa folks.  Grampa was, indeed and for sure, a travellin' man.

(Damn dyslexic keyboard.)

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Forty Rod on September 05, 2005, 10:05:34 PM
Yep, we're related to lotsa folks.  Grampa was, indeed and forr sure, a travellin' ma.

:o :o

Your grampa was a ma?

I'm not sure I want the details on that one.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com