3F in a chappy

Started by reloader4410, February 18, 2010, 05:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reloader4410

Anyone shooting 3F black powder in a 50/95 chappy? Thanks.

ndnchf

Well, no one has chimed in so I'll trow in my 2 cents worth ;D

I've never used 3F in my .50-95.  While mine's an Uberti, I don't think it makes any difference.  I suppose it would raise pressures a little over 2F, but I don't think it would be unsafe.  The question that comes to mind is - why?  Are you trying to get a little more velocity?  Even with a full load of 2F and a 300gr bullet you are getting "express" velocities.  Pushing it even faster is more likely to create leading problems.  FWIW - I've found Swiss 1.5 to work best in mine.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

sharps4065

Glad you can afford to run Swiss in the big capacity cases.... Over here it runs at about $40 per pound! So my 45 x 3.25", 50/90, Spencer, RB and the '76 get Wano. The '73 gets 777. I only use Swiss now in my 40/65 which is my "serious" BPTR. I don't get the velocities out of Wano but the accuracy's fine. Just need a few more points on the staff.

Hold centre
Clive

reloader4410

A pard thought 3F might be a little hard on the toggle link. wonder what the fps would be? 2F vs 3F? Thanks.

ndnchf

Quote from: sharps4065 on February 19, 2010, 07:19:28 AM
Glad you can afford to run Swiss in the big capacity cases.... Over here it runs at about $40 per pound!

Ouch :o - $40/pound is pretty high.  Last time I bought some it was $20.50/pound.  If it was that much here, I'd be lookin' for something else too.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

sharps4065

Yes, and yours has to travel 3000 miles further!!!!  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com