finaly finished my tank bib for the harley.

Started by knucklehead, February 17, 2010, 10:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucklehead

finaly finished the tank bib for the harley.

I learned how to make my own lace with the tandy leather lace cutting tool.
took me a few tries and frustration but finaly figured out how to use the darn tool.
also learned how to start and stop the lace without going around the project like a wallet.

used saddle oil, black dye by fiebings, bee natural rtc for sealer, and leather balm with atom wax for top coat.
lined it with felt to protect the paint job.
found the concho at the local tandy leather factory store.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

JD Alan

Knucklehead you did a real fine job on that tank bib. I look forward to seeing it soon. Hopefully by the time the carving class comes around the weather will be half way decent.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Howdy Pard
Great job on the bib. Nice clean basketweave.
Who's stamp is that? Barry King?
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

northwestgrizzly

"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Kid Terico

KH I havnt been posting and wont for a little while yet but when I saw the word HOG I came to life. Looks good, great all around job ..Love our Harleys.  ;) ;)  KT

Angel_Eyes

Really nice and practical piece of work.

It'll look even better when you finish the seat covers!! :o :o :o

AE ;D
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Knuck,
Your Tank Bib really turned out great!. It's a hundred times better than anything you could buy from Harley or elsewhere. I'd be proud to have that on my motorcycle. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Gun Butcher

Now that has class. Beautiful work Knuclehead.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

knucklehead

thanks all.

yes WC good eye that is a barry king basket weave stamp.
after trying out barry king basket weave stamps i knew i had to have one. now all my tandy leather crafttool basketweave stamps just sit in the tool caddy collecting dust. ;D

now on to tank bib #2 for a friend.
also have my windshield bag stamped out, next step color sealing and assembly
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

amin ledbetter

Quote from: knucklehead on February 17, 2010, 10:39:56 PM
finaly finished the tank bib for the harley.

I learned how to make my own lace with the tandy leather lace cutting tool.
took me a few tries and frustration but finaly figured out how to use the darn tool.
also learned how to start and stop the lace without going around the project like a wallet.

used saddle oil, black dye by fiebings, bee natural rtc for sealer, and leather balm with atom wax for top coat.
lined it with felt to protect the paint job.
found the concho at the local tandy leather factory store.

Your user name makes it tough to compliment you you know that!?  ;D That looks great Knucklehead! It really is very cool. I am amazed at how many creative things that the users of this forum come up with to make out of leather. Great job pard!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well done Knucklehead, that's COOL

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Quote from: knucklehead on February 18, 2010, 07:34:13 AM

yes WC good eye that is a barry king basket weave stamp.
after trying out barry king basket weave stamps i knew i had to have one. now all my tandy leather crafttool basketweave stamps just sit in the tool caddy collecting dust. ;D

Howdy Pal
I let mine sit for a long time after I got the better stamps too. Then I figured out how to make them work better. I gave them to a friend at a machine shop and he put them on the surface grinder and took down the outsides to make the legs thin like Barry's and Bob Beards. They work great now.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

That really came out great, Knucklehead. You did a first rate job on the BW. It helps to have a good stamp, but it also helps to have a good eye for alignment. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com