Completely Off Topic!!

Started by Paladin UK, February 17, 2010, 01:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

OK, Now we (Kids of the 1950`s) Were Hoppy,Roy or the Lone Ranger on the way home from the Saturday Picture Club.

But how many of us also went to the Other side...............

`n` had themselves also a Dan Dare Space Gun

I fer one did!! :-[

There now I`ve come clean and feel much better
  :D

Paladin (Whats cleared his sole of the burden of guilt  ;D ) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Cuts Crooked

WAT??????? It makes smoked don' it!?!?!?! Then it's "on topic" ! So there! ;D ;)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Boomboom

Guilt?

Pard ain't NOTHIN wrong with bein a SPACE COWBOY! :)

Want proof?  FIREFLY!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29 If ya look to tha right you'll see a real nice 'Mares Laig' on the womans hip.

kflach

I'm glad there's another Browncoat here! It was Mal's "Civil War era design inspired" pistol that led me to fall in love with the Remingtons.

Cuts Crooked

Hey! There's my shootin' buddy, Jayne standin in the background! (he's the one wif the goatee  :o )
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Boomboom

Quote from: kflach on February 17, 2010, 05:16:44 PM
I'm glad there's another Browncoat here! It was Mal's "Civil War era design inspired" pistol that led me to fall in love with the Remingtons.

Yep you got it! Got the Firefly boxed set and you bet a good browncoat!

44caliberkid

I was a little more contemporary.   I had a Johnny Seven (7 guns in one) and a Secret Sam.  (a spy briefcase with a pistol that built up to a scoped rifle).

kflach

For those that don't know, Star Trek was originally pitched to the studio (by Gene Rodenberry) as a "Wagon Train to the stars." Wagon Train was an NBC western that ran from 1957-1965 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Train). In other words, much of the scifi stuff we watch today has it's roots in stories of the old west.

-----[begin kflach sings to himself]----

Jayne! The man the call Jayne!
Oh he robbed from the rich
and he gave to the poor
Stood Up to the man
he gave him what-for
Our love for him now
Ain't hard to explain
The Hero of Canton;
the man they call Jayne.

Jamie

Yeah! I had a Secret Sam too, and it came with lots of other stuff as well, including if I remember right, a camera that had a spring loaded chamber in the "lens" that you could put a plastic "bullet"  in and as you turned the lens ( casually adjusting your f-stop) out would fly the plastic bullet - sorry Dick, no big lubes at that point, and definitely no powder of any sort - the only "negative" thing about it.   :'(
Jamie

August

Well, since we're coming out of the closet, I'll have to testify that "Sky King" was always one of my favorite 'westerns'.

Fairshake

Penny was the reason that I watched Sky King. We were very poor and I could not even began to understand someone who owned a airplane and a ranch. The pretty niece Penny was very easy to like.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Hard Mouth

Have a set of CDs of the first season of "Have Gun, Will Travel". Many of the epiosodes written by Gene Rodenberry!!

Paladin UK

Fer HM........ ::)

Iffn ya ever get jest an iddy biddy bit bored with`em I`ll GLADLY  take `em off yer hands fer ya!! :P

Paladin (What likes ta help a pard :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Drayton Calhoun

Quote from: Boomboom on February 17, 2010, 03:24:39 PM
Guilt?

Pard ain't NOTHIN wrong with bein a SPACE COWBOY! :)

Want proof?  FIREFLY!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29 If ya look to tha right you'll see a real nice 'Mares Laig' on the womans hip.

Just got the entire series on DVD from Wally World.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

WaddWatsonEllis

For an Air Farce brat growin' up, was there any other show as important?

From out of the western skies comes ...

Sky King!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_king

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com