Some cool things

Started by cowboywc, February 17, 2010, 01:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Howdy All
A friend of mine came in the other day with something he found in his barn he had forgot about. I am going to try to use them as a pattern to remake.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

One of my students agve me this box. It had been her sons who was killed.
I think I am going to cover it in toold leather.
WC

Dalton Masterson

Good looking stuff there WC.
I would be interested in a pattern of that pommel set if you get that far.

Very nice idea to cover that box. Keep us posted on that!

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC, nice stuff indeed, what a great find, will now you have your fun cut out for you, I look forwar to seeing how this comes out. Thanks for the look see.

tEN ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Wow, what a great find on those pommel holsters and I really like the box.
Am I way off base in thinking those holsters look like they were made for percussion single shot pistols.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Arizona Cattleman

Way cool WC, they look like about 1840 to 65, very similar to Pg. 16 Packin Iron

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

cowboywc

Quote from: Gun Butcher on February 17, 2010, 08:14:07 PM
  Wow, what a great find on those pommel holsters and I really like the box.
Am I way off base in thinking those holsters look like they were made for percussion single shot pistols.

Howdy
No they fit the big Walker. There is a recurve on the one side that matches the Walker. I have a set for the others and they are very different.
WC

Gun Butcher

Thanks WC I am not to familar with Pommels. But at any rate they will be a cool project. Looking forward to seeing them.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

outrider

WC,

Those are great.  I think you will have fun doing the pommel holsters...Actually I can detect a little excitement on your part.

Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

Anything to do with Walkers is cool for sure. Those guns have such a rich history. The first time you heft one of those you gain an immediate respect for the guys who used them.

That box is a very nice gift. Your students really appreciate you; I know few few I've spoken to do!

We are all going to look forward to seeing that box when you finish it

Thanks for sharing WC.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

David Carrico

Now why can't I find something like that in my barn! Actually I have several pair in my barn, they are all repros though! I have made wooden blocks to mold those. I also have several pair of the brass caps if you need them. I have one pair that has bearhide flaps. Love to see yours when finished!

amin ledbetter

Awesome find WC! If by chance you make patterns and sell em, shoot me a PM with the price pard. I have been wantin to get a pair of replica Walkers for some time now, and the Pommel holsters would be perfect. I hear tell that the big walkers were normally carried in pommel holsters, due to there heave weight. Wasn't often you seen a man packin one on his hip. Except for Josey Wales of coarse!  ;D Keep us posted pard!

Mogorilla

Dave/WC
Where do you get the brass caps?   I have looked all over for those and I have heard of guys making them, but do not have a clue where to start that part?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

cowboywc

Quote from: David Carrico on February 18, 2010, 09:18:09 AM
Now why can't I find something like that in my barn! Actually I have several pair in my barn, they are all repros though! I have made wooden blocks to mold those. I also have several pair of the brass caps if you need them. I have one pair that has bearhide flaps. Love to see yours when finished!

Howdy David
I am interested in a pair of the brass caps. That would save me a lot of work.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are some really cool items, Wayne. You have a couple of very fun projects to work on. I'm really interested is seeing the pommel set when you get it done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com